Rename Plugin (in Mixer or Inspector)

Burn Witch Burn

You reopen a session (or you are sent a session) and you see two or more of the same plugins on a track. It would be practical to see at a glance what their roles are using a notes field - perhaps a pop-up field. ...or the ability to change the name of the plugin in the Insert area.

For example: I sometimes use a gain plugin in the first slot and one in the last slot. It would be good to label these if sending a session to someone else, or on a recall.

Gain in position 1 could be renamed "Gain - Vocal Levelling", and the Gain plugin in position 6 could be labeled "Gain - Output Volume".

I would use this on multiple compressors, EQs, etc. Or on tracks with unusual signal processing.

• Like 1

You reopen a session (or you are sent a session) and you see two or more of the same plugins on a track. It would be practical to see at a glance what their roles are using a notes field - perhaps a pop-up field. ...or the ability to change the name of the plugin in the Insert area.

For example: I sometimes use a gain plugin in the first slot and one in the last slot. It would be good to label these if sending a session to someone else, or on a recall.

Gain in position 1 could be renamed "Gain - Vocal Levelling", and the Gain plugin in position 6 could be labeled "Gain - Output Volume".

I would use this on multiple compressors, EQs, etc. Or on tracks with unusual signal processing.

It's not the first time I also think about this. For example, I use the Step FX as a side-chain effect for house music and it would be helpful that we could rename the plugins.

Send the feedback to Apple. I will do it as well:

https://www.apple.com/feedback/logic-pro.html

;)

• Like 2

• 1 year later...