Routing in MainStage issue (works in Logic)

thirdspace

Hi all

I want to create a setup that routes a guitar input to various Aux channels, each of which contains a specific plugin. I would then like to route each Aux channel on to a further Aux channel to create a routing setup that lets me switch the output of one plugin into another. There seems to be an issue with MainStage when doing this where the signal does not get passed on via the bus as expected. This behaviour is also unpredictable - if I set up the routing as shown on the screenshot attached, it might work as expected during setup up to a point but then adding say a plugin disables the signal flow into that channel. or saving and reopening a working version leads to different results.

I have tested this against an identical setup on Logic Pro - which functions exactly as expected at all times - see screenshot.

Is there something in the MainStage setup that I need to change to make this work reliably?

Thanks in advance

184455213_Screenshot2022-02-14at09_12_50.thumb.png.074227ccc7caea21e720804ed0eb5d70.png

95861599_Screenshot2022-02-14at09_13_50.thumb.png.3fd67a744691740ae39b1764fa21dd7a.png

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/12/2022 at 4:46 AM, jwhitesides said:

The answer to your problem is that the send to Aux 2 in the send of Aux 1 is what is creating your issue. That is creating a possible infinite loop.

While you're not actually using it. It could be based on the way MainStage does routing, which is slightly different from Logic.

How does it differ?