Macbook M1pro at 96kHz

Hi all.

I'm thinking to buy a Macbook M1pro 16 inch, 10 Core CPU, 16 Core GPU, 16 GB Unified memory. But I would like to know if with this model is strong enough to run a mixing session at 96 kHz smoothly. I mean a normal mixing session: around 70 audio track, parallel compressors, AUX tracks, side chain and so forth.

Thanks in advance!

I cannot imagine any possible reason why it couldn't – that sure is a lot of computer firepower – but, what exactly does "a normal mixing session" mean to you? Describe your total situation.

Thank you for taking your time to answer me.

Well, I already talked about what is a normal mixing session in my post. It is in a general point of view, not thoroughly. I don't know, I just want to know if I can run a mixing session at 96 kHz with this computer.

Think about it this way - if there is no real reason to use 96, you can just as well run at 48, and while doing so use half as much CPU, half as much disk space and half as much disk performance. In other words, just like magic, you have doubled the power and capacity of your computer, for free.

So you would be able to run a big project on this computer, and then some.

But then, yes, you can also mix at 96 with this computer, with half as much reach.

Think about it this way - if there is no real reason to use 96, you can just as well run at 48, and while doing so use half as much CPU, half as much disk space and half as much disk performance. In other words, just like magic, you have doubled the power and capacity of your computer, for free.

So you would be able to run a big project on this computer, and then some.

But then, yes, you can also mix at 96 with this computer, with half as much reach.

All right!.

Thank you very much for your help. This is just what I want to know, Appreciate it!