Can you replicate Akaizer timestretch in Logic

Hi,

I'm into making jungle breaks using the Amen break and I love the sound of the old Akai timestretch that gives that oldschool "metallic" sound. There is an app called Akaizer but it doesn't work with Macs using anything later than OS Mojave and I'm running Monterey on the latest M1 Macbook Pro. Logic's own timestretch doesn't give me that particular sound, just changing pitch if you use speed (FX) time stretch.

I've found TAL Sampler which can do the Akai type timestretch but it's £50 and I was wondering if there's a way to do it in Logic without spending any money please?

I assume you have explored all the different Flex modes. Next, dive into the Audio File Editor and check out Time & Pitch Machine with its own algorithms. Beware, this is destructive, so *always* work on a real copy of the audio file.

Thanks, yeah I've tried the different flex modes but will check out the Audio FIle Editor. What do you mean when you say work on a "real copy of the audio file"? Do you mean copy the original file and keep it somewhere safe, then work only on the copy?