Stereo Output channel suddenly plays nothing

pepinoandante

Hello everyone,

When I'm working on a project, sometimes I'll move the playhead to a given section of the mix,

and when I press play suddenly there is no sound playing from the stereo output.

However, all individual tracks are sending their signals to the stereo output channel (as I can see the volume levels changing).

I recreated the bug and explained all the problems I find in this video,

Here are my specs,

macOS Monterey 12.0.1

Logic Pro 10.7.0

MacBook Pro (14-inch, 2021)

Chip Apple M1 Pro

Memory 16 GB

Also, I removed all third party plugins from the project and restarted Logic before recreating the bug.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Attach a screenshot (not a video) of your entire Mixer during playback so that we can see the meters active on the channel strips and the audio routing on each channel: How to attach files to your post

Do you have any VCA channel strips in your Mixer?

What audio interface is selected in your audio preferences in Logic? Can you reproduce this issue if you choose the built-in audio output speaker of your Mac?

Hey!

Thanks a lot for the reply. I'm sorry for the big screenshot, I just did not want to delete any tracks so that I kept everything the same to recreate the bug.

I believe I do not have any VCA channel strips, but I may be wrong so if you see any in the screenshot let me know.

I have a Steinberg interface. I attached my audio preferences as well so you can take a look.

That is the exact configuration with which I've been able to reproduce the issue.

I also just tried choosing the built-in speakers as the output and I still managed to reproduce the issue.

Channel meters were active except on the stereo output just like on the video, and no sound was coming out either.

Again, thank you very much for the help, I really appreciate it.

FINAL_FULL_MIX.thumb.png.68202d7feb1956a66661f6bdf130040f.png

Audio_Preferences.thumb.png.31a41d5490f77860b8df4b985c9aec1a.png

Are the VCAs the purple tracks from my screenshot? Sorry if it's a dumb question, I'm not too familiar with them.

I assumed they were and I removed them (excluding the Master fader) and the problem still happens.

I also decided to delete every bus channel (drums, violins etc.) and sent every single

channel's signal to stereo output. And the issue still happens! :(

Are the VCAs the purple tracks from my screenshot? Sorry if it's a dumb question, I'm not too familiar with them.

I assumed they were and I removed them (excluding the Master fader) and the problem still happens.

I also decided to delete every bus channel (drums, violins etc.) and sent every single

channel's signal to stereo output. And the issue still happens! :(

Yes the VCAs are the purple tracks.

Keep troubleshooting that way. For example remove ALL plug-ins. See if this still happens? Then start removing groups of tracks..

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I just had this happen to me, running Logic Pro 10.7.4 on macOS Big Sur 11.6.5.

So, Karthik, I don't understand "import all your tracks with content, plugin, IO everything *into a new session*".  Does this mean to export all my audio files and MIDI data to files and then import those into a new project?  Or something else?

5 hours ago, SkooneyTunes said:

I don't understand "import all your tracks with content, plugin, IO everything *into a new session*".  Does this mean to export all my audio files and MIDI data to files and then import those into a new project?  Or something else?

Use the project import function, no need to export anything:

285185978_ImportLocate.thumb.png.968184f49654fd3af2779599774f586b.png

Then select the tracks and their content:

774732910_ImportFunctionLogicX.thumb.png.350fb97493d3cc95ec89b2a7fd387d83.png

• Like 1