Controller Assignment productivity tips

simoncroft

It's a seemingly insignificant change, but saving the 'com.apple.logic.pro.cs' file every time I make a big change to the Assignments has got a whole lot faster since I put aliases for the Preferences folder and the folder where I archive them. One of the side benefits of the process being quick is I tend to do it a lot more, which equates to less wasted work if anything goes wrong, meaning it's best to revert to an earlier file.

Also, you can make the 'com.apple.logic.pro.cs' file a lot easier to find if you open it one time on Xcode. Thereafter, it will be the only one in the list to show the blue Xcode icon.

Third tip: If you want to assign a bank of, say, eight faders, do 1 and 8. Logic will then ask you if you want the faders in between assigned. Click 'yes', and it will do the job for you. (Sometimes, Logic displays the same message when the last two assignments don't form part of a numerical sequence. If you click 'yes', you will get a load of meaningless assignments you'll need to delete. Ask me how I know...)

Final tip: If you're assigning say, eight faders to 24 input channels, it's a lot faster to cut and paste the first eight assignments into the Modes for faders 9-16 and 17-24, then alter the channel numbers in the Controller Assignments dialogue.

2114143092_StoringPreffiles.thumb.png.e4756c11744244cf1726c73bb9f91c94.png