"Rain, Rain" video. Track recorded in Logic, of course!

grumblepig

• 2 weeks later...

Very nicely done ... with an excellent video. Ummm.... can you please send that original Korg synthesizer to my address? Every now and again such a thing shows up at my local music store but I still can't afford it ... :P

I think that you very cleanly achieved what you set out for: "the original vibe" without the problems of four-track tape. The song itself is also very well-composed and clean. The video presentation is solid.

Very nicely done ... with an excellent video. Ummm.... can you please send that original Korg synthesizer to my address? Every now and again such a thing shows up at my local music store but I still can't afford it ... :P

I think that you very cleanly achieved what you set out for: "the original vibe" without the problems of four-track tape. The song itself is also very well-composed and clean. The video presentation is solid.

Thanks very much, Mike!

I promised my wife I wouldn't be Moody Artiste for the video shoot this time! It helps that our dog makes a cameo. Put us all at ease.

It's funny and weird and to be reworking some of my teenage tunes, but a songs are songs! I still use the MS-10, so I'm not yet ready to pop it in the post!

Glad you liked the track...

Ant

Yep ... "songs are songs," and I very often think that the best song ideas came out when, technologically speaking, we couldn't get out of our own way but didn't know that at the time because there was nothing else available.

I also love the music that happened when "synthesizers were brand-new," and nobody had ever heard those sounds before.

Speaking of "technologically speaking," I'm back in Berlin for a bit. My ex-wife has been away so I've had the flat to myself since I arrived. My iMac and laptop are both old and only barely like to run Logic, so my time in town has been spent writing/recording with a new Zoom R20. At least the way I'm using it, it's so basic - and very satisfying. I write a verse or chorus, then record a quick and clumsy version with one mic, vocals included. On a next track, I'll record a chorus or verse etc. Basically grafting a song together without concern for sound quality. I know that once I'm back in California with my fully functioning rig, I'll start layering and tweaking etc. But being here right now, in a tech-backward scenario, has been very enjoyable.