Logic 10.7.3 is out

evil_cliff

Sadly I'm seeing a problem with the 10.7.3 release: Omnisphere automation parameters are not available - the whole plug-in doesn't appear in the Automation parameter drop-down menu in the Track Headers. It does appear (as expected) in 10.7.1 and 10.7.2...

This is with Omnisphere 2.8.2c and macOS 12.3.

Ouch. I can confirm this bug (same plugin version as above). Same situation with Trilian. My first wild guess is that it’s probably related to having to “enable host automation” on these plugins.

I emailed Spectrasonics support to raise the issue with them, I’m not sure if this is on their side or Apple’s side.

Edit:

Seems to be the same situation with Arturia Pigments 3, just doesn’t show as an option for selection in the Automation Paramater drop down.

Welp, guess this is why we back up and keep the previous app version lol.

Downloading, really hoping all these midi notes getting stuck are fixed, really annoying on my M1 macbook pro

aaaaaaand it's not fixed. guess it's an issue with 3rd party plugins (they're all M1 versions though). not using much built in instruments so i can't really say

I had so much trouble with Logic, hanging notes and plug-in’s not working correctly.

It turned out it was enabling MIDI 2.0 in preferences that caused it.

Well I for one hope they DONT get rid of the Environment, even if my needs are simple in there, like having a float mixer sized right down to a single channelstrip, having great differentiation between background and mixer channelstrips, and putting them where you want. I'm going to see what I can do about pestering Apple to re-think. I don't care if they hide it, as long as we can get to it.

I don't know how long they've been saying the input channelstrip is "only included for older/legacy projects " (paraphrasing here) , but it's still there in 10.7.2.

Same here, also with different other Arturia instruments. I'll ask their support.

Trying to not hijack this and turn it into a troubleshooting thread, but I got Spectrasonics looking into things. Be sure to give Arturia as much info as you can, especially your macOS version and if it's Intel-based or Apple Silicon. I also pointed the Spectrasonics support agent to this thread so they can see others reporting the issue.

aaaaaaand it's not fixed. guess it's an issue with 3rd party plugins (they're all M1 versions though). not using much built in instruments so i can't really say

I had so much trouble with Logic, hanging notes and plug-in’s not working correctly.

It turned out it was enabling MIDI 2.0 in preferences that caused it.

This gave me hope, but MIDI 2.0 is disabled here... Should i enable it ?

This gave me hope, but MIDI 2.0 is disabled here... Should i enable it ?

Only if you need it because you're using MIDI 2.0 compatible hardware... like the Roland A-88 MkII?

Thanks. No hardware here. Just M1 plugins. Really wish i could find a solution to this.

Sadly I'm seeing a problem with the 10.7.3 release: Omnisphere automation parameters are not available - the whole plug-in doesn't appear in the Automation parameter drop-down menu in the Track Headers.

I've seen a few reports of this now, so I don't think it's a particular plugin issue (ie, it's not Spectrasonics, or Arturia's, or any other plugin devs fault).

I've not noticed any of these problems here, either with some of the plugins mentioned, or others, so it seems to be a more sporadic thing, or at least isn't present so far on my system (M1 native)

Are you on Intel or Arm (Rosetta or Native)?

Know I wasn’t the one being asked lol, but I’ll answer anyways:

I’m on an Intel-based iMac. The Spectrasonics tech said they couldn’t reproduce the issue but then I pointed out I’m on Intel and they were on Apple Silicon per his reply.

Would be good if some consistency showed up to at least narrow the scope of the issue down to just intel-based or even Big Sur specific.

Yes.. same thing.. maybe a problem regarding my rme interface? Which one do you have?

i don't do recording here (just beat-making,mixing, scoring), so no audio interface (an apogee groove for headphones, and my eve-audio monitors have usb audio built-in). does the problem happen if you disconnect the rme, and use built-in audio?

I know.. but RME rocks so solid… it would surprising.. but I will check it tomorrow

it may not be the RME specifically, but you need to start somewhere. let's see, too, if more people report this issue, then you can (as a group) look for common denominators (like those discussing the 3rd-party plugin automation issue....)

Not sure that is true. I think much as Apple chose to hide the User library they are hiding the Environment since 90% of users never go into it.

The current manual says:

Note: The Environment is a legacy feature and included for compatibility with projects from older versions of Logic Pro.

...which should give a clear indication of how they are treating the environment going forward. It's going to still be there and accessible for a while, but is now considered a "legacy feature".

It’s not essential to know about—or even open—the Environment in order to make music with the Logic Pro instruments or your external MIDI sound generators and keyboards.

As I said earlier, I don't think it's going to be ripped out just yet, and should stay tucked away in a dark corner for a while longer yet. It still has a full, prominent manual chapter dedicated to it, as well.

I’m probably a dreamer, but perhaps the Logic coder team has a revamped improved up to date version under work which would be awesome.

That would be a great addition to motivate customers to upgrade to a newer Mac (hint! hint! :wink: )

Did you also noticed, that logic starts freeze on simple actions like loading instruments/ plugin or track import..very annoying

I get a brief pause before some actions like plugin loading that I do not remember having before. Is that what you have?

I am on latest Monterey with 16" MBPro M1Max

on my intel mac, logic opens faster than ever, (both the app itself, and files). and (so far) running well, stable (i mean, it's only been hours since i installed.).

more importantly: it seems that thumbnails & quicklook are working again (and not generic white icons) but... we'll see. i thought this was fixed before (it wasn't). hopefully, finally...

On my INTEL iMac Pro running macos Big Sur 11.6.5 the automation parameters for many Arturia synth plugins is not available anymore not even in Touch/Latch mode and the Moog Model 15 plugin is black screen.

I confirm that all Spectrasonics plugins lost their automation in LP 10.7.3.

I also confirm that all Arturia plugins included in the V Collection (latest edition) have also lost automation in that current Logic version.

Same for Crystal...

Chromaphone 1 from AAS doesn't work (no more sound) but automation is present(!?). All other AAS plugins work fine and have automation.

I confirm that all Spectrasonics plugins lost their automation in LP 10.7.3.

I also confirm that all Arturia plugins included in the V Collection (latest edition) have also lost automation in that current Logic version.

Same for Crystal...

Chromaphone 1 from AAS doesn't work (no more sound) but automation is present(!?). All other AAS plugins work fine and have automation.

Report the bug please!

am diving into 10.7.3. today. went to make a new track, and there was a slight hesitation before i could add an instrument. after that first one, the problem did not re-occur. and changing plugins (say, from one synth to another), works as expected (no delay).

all my 3rd-party plugins show their automation menus (mostly, equator2, vital, diva, dune3, spire... i just deleted 50% of my synth plugins!). will see how work goes today, and will definitely report any quirks to apple...

EDIT: worked all day/night, and... no issues. plugins loaded, everything worked. working this weekend, hopefully more of the same.

Edited by fisherking