Logic 10.7.3 is out

evil_cliff

I confirm that all Spectrasonics plugins lost their automation in LP 10.7.3.

I also confirm that all Arturia plugins included in the V Collection (latest edition) have also lost automation in that current Logic version.

Same for Crystal...

Chromaphone 1 from AAS doesn't work (no more sound) but automation is present(!?). All other AAS plugins work fine and have automation.

Report the bug please!

Done!

To both, Apple, Spectrasonics and Arturia...

Edited by Atlas007

Has the Giant Beats/Timer display always been freely resizeable, rather than aspect-ratio constrained?

Being able to stretch the fonts like this is really ugly and rather un-Apple-like...

You can't even seem to resize it maintaining the correct aspect-ratio either.

resize.thumb.gif.efec0c873ad917f64d93c8e70c9b8129.gif

Has the Giant Beats/Timer display always been freely resizeable, rather than aspect-ratio constrained?

Being able to stretch the fonts like this is really ugly and rather un-Apple-like...

resize.gif

How does it respond if you hold down Shift-Option while resizing? Holding down Shift-Option in other apps or the Finder maintains the aspect ratio.

resize.gif

At least since the previous UI changes (what was it, 10.3?, 10.4?), since the font went from the more “varsity/digital” one to the one we have now (I’m a huge font head but don’t recall the names of either offhand), it’s been able to stretch like that. I open the Giant Displays often for my scoring sessions; not having a consistent template file means I have had to resize them all the time.

Shift *sort of* does it, although you can still squish it horizontal when small, so it won't properly hold aspect ratio as such.

Shift + option resizes from the centre.

It's just a bit weird - try it out...

It's fine with me. I prefer having control than not. Even if it goes beyond my specs.

Regarding the automation bug, I'm curious if anyone has tried opening a project in Logic Pro 10.7.3 they created before v10.7.3 that has known-working saved automation with an affected plugin such as Omnisphere and observed the results? I'm away from my studio machine but might try this to see what the behavior is.

I tried it - it you leave a selected automation parameter from a bugged instrument open on the track, it stays open and visible when loaded where the bug happens. Obviously, if you click on it, then the automation submenu from that plugin is no longer available in the menu, so you can't select a different one from that instrument.

Hi there. :)

Over here on my Mac mini i7 from 2018 running the latest Big Sur both 10.7.3 and 10.7.2 are useless, whereas 10.7.1 works perfectly well.

The last two updates introduced this: Inserting and removing AU-plugins makes Logic freeze for some time giving me beach balls. No chance to work like that, it‘s really strange.

I never experienced something like this (2 useless updates in a row) since version 4.

Over here on my Mac mini i7 from 2018 running the latest Big Sur both 10.7.3 and 10.7.2 are useless, whereas 10.7.1 works perfectly well.

The last two updates introduced this: Inserting and removing AU-plugins makes Logic freeze for some time giving me beach balls. No chance to work like that, it‘s really strange.

I never experienced something like this (2 useless updates in a row) since version 4.

Please report the problems!

https://www.apple.com/feedback/logic-pro.html

can you determine which plugins are causing the issue? 10.7.3 (& .2) have been fine here (altho i am on monterey). anyway, see if you can isolate the issue...

can you determine which plugins are causing the issue?

It seems to be absolutely random. I don‘t think it‘s due to a specific plugin. Will check further, but for now it‘s back to work with 7.1.

ah, 'random' is the hardest thing to troubleshoot. but glad you have a working version...

Have you tried creating a new user account to see if you get the same behavior there?

Besides David’ suggestion and the usual trouble shooting procedures, have you updated all your plugins? SMC & NV/PRAM resets might also be worth trying…

t

Here are the actual objects involved with that last one, brace yourself:

eequalsmcsquare.jpg

In short, it'd be a big loss if Apple put this to sleep.

I agree 100%... but dude... holy crap. You are an "environmental" GOD among men... just wow. Just those screen caps were hella inspiring in and of themselves!!!

Joey B.

OLDSCHOOL Logic user and Trainer.

http://echoing.green

I was sent a beta version of Omnisphere from Spectrasonics support to test, and it seems to have resolved the broken/missing automation issue on my Intel-based machine running Logic Pro 10.7.3 on Big Sur.

I assume this means each plugin developer will need to (decide if they will) address the issue on their end, if/when they become aware of it.