Chapter 7 - 10.5 Book - Step Sequencing - p.347 - Double Length of Pattern Converts to MIDI Region????

Go to solution Solved by MasonHamlinCC2,

Hey David,

I am going through the 10.5 book right now and when I try to double the length of the Pattern region as per the instructions on p.347 (Edit>Length>Double) my 4 bar Pattern region converts into an 8 bar MIDI region instead of an 8 bar Pattern region as pictured. I tried saving and closing the project and reopening but still the same behavior. I'm on the latest Big Sur with 10.7.3 Logic. Thanks for any insight on this.

Thanks also for the excellent work on another great update to the Logic training series. I am really enjoying the new edition. 

Dave...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MasonHamlinCC2 said:

when I try to double the length of the Pattern region as per the instructions on p.347 (Edit>Length>Double) my 4 bar Pattern region converts into an 8 bar MIDI region instead of an 8 bar Pattern region as pictured.

Yes, indeed that's a bug in Logic 10.7. 

Instead, you can simply resize the region by dragging the lower-right corner: 

image.gif.c738dc5865d05946c9bb3a3c1899dae0.gif

Edit: Whoops, I just saw your second post now, so there you go, that's the workaround for now. The Apple team is aware of this new bug so hopefully it will be fixed shortly (or perhaps it's already fixed in 10.7.4).

FYI - the bug is not fixed in 10.7.4. I updated earlier and trying to Double a Patter region doubles it but converts it to a MIDI region.

Also strange since updating is that in the Loop Browser there is no longer a playhead when auditioning Audio Loops at the bottom where the waveform is represented to show where you are in the loop or to jump around. Anyone else seeing this behavior? 

FYI - the last issue I mentioned of no playhead when auditioning audio loops after the 10.7.4 update has been resolved when I update from Big Sur to Monterey last night. Maybe it was just a quirky session I last had open in Big Sur but the playhead is fully present in the Loop Browser again in Monterey and 10.7.4.

• Like 1