Logic Pro X crashes when loading Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol

dcgonzal

I am running MacOS Monterey 12.3.1 and Logic Pro X 10.7.4. I cannot load any projects that I previously had opened that utilize Komplete Kontrol. When I create a new project and load the plugin it seems to work fine, but once I load an instrument from the library Logic Pro crashes....I try to do the same thing in Ableton Live 11 Lite and in the standalone Komplete Kontrol and the these two pieces of software do not crash. The bug report is attached in pdf form for any to look at.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I tried this: https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/210313905-Logic-Crashes-While-Scanning-Plug-Ins and it works temporarily then Logic Crashes again eventually. 

Thanks Again!

errorReport.pdf

Yes, that's the same crash, so it's definitely Kontakt that's not running on your system. You might be better off getting support from Native Instruments on this, perhaps?

In the meantime, you can try reinstalling Kontakt, or installing an older version to see whether you can get that working.

• 6 months later...

So just wanted to add, I had the same problem with all my projects loading in logic, it would instantly crash.  I’m running M1 Monterey or however you spell that is irrelevant…haha anyhow, I found Serum was my issue but I started logic with core audio disabled, saved project as something else so not to loose anything.  I shut off plugins individually and restarted logic until it started normally with core audio enabled.  Again, it turned out to be serum not Komplete kontrol.  It’s a long process but well worth the time to figure out which plug-in is the problem, re install it or disable it.  Hope that helps, it was driving me crazy as I thought that it would never work again!!!