Jump to content

Saving a "summing stack" for use in future projects - but it loses its track names..??


blue-moves
 Share

Recommended Posts

Ok, so I'm experimenting with constructing templates and thought it would be good to save the 5 sections of a string ensemble as a summing stack to easily load in other projects.
The first one I did looked like this when I saved it:

image.png.5ea877830ff5f7e1bcd236018577c112.png

and looked like this when I opened it in another project (tested it 3 times, quit and re-opened Logic in between)

image.png.d1d202fc0bb45691de49fe673693e56d.png

Am I doing something wrong? Or is this a bug I'll have to live with?

It's a shame because I'm attempting to be more organised - and labelling things properly is a big part of that... this is obviously not helping :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just tried it again - this time with 8 multis in a summing stack.
All named. Did nothing else on the computer in between building it, labelling it, saving it, closing it and then re-opening it..
Upon the first re-open it had lost 2 of its track names and the location of the samples for at least one of the multis (maybe all of them - don't know, did an auto search and it found what it needed)
Re-typed the 2 missing names and re-saved it (overwriting the previous save)
Upon second re-open it had lost 6 of its track names but loaded the samples ok.
Re-typed the 6 missing track names and re-saved.
Third open: 6 missing track names..

What's up? There's literally (if you'll pardon the ironic pun) no Logic to it..!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quote

It might be related to Kontakt


Yeh, it's the darnedest thing.. it works fine with everything else but Kontakt (I now know, having tested a load of other stuff)
Still, It's a cool little system which I'm glad I thought of (I mean, for me.. I'm sure I'm not the first!), it'll be very useful for my process! 
Hopefully I can eventually iron out the reason for it doing that with Kontakt patches..
Neat and quickly buildable - in a 'modular' way - orchestral templates!!
(I don't always want to start sessions with 1000 patches loaded.. :D)
I'm really impressed with this feature in Logic where you can record on the summing track (and it plays all the sounds within - like, I can play the full string ensemble part) and then I can drag that part down onto the individual sections duplicating it on the violins violas etc. and, by muting notes in each of those regions I can get the individual parts if needed.. great!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 weeks later...

I've been trying to do the same thing and keep running into the same problem. Sometimes the track name is <unknown>. Other times the tracks simply forget the names I created and revert to the name of the Patch.

Has anyone found a solution? (Or figured out exactly what causes the problem?)

Michael Gordon Shapiro, Composer

mike@mikemusic.com

http://www.mikemusic.com

 

Logic (always using most recent version), Mac Pro (Late 2013), macOS Whatever The Most Recent One Is

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...