Using function keys (F1, F2, ...) to always solo a specific channel, no matter what

stardustmedia

Hi

Having posted for a very long time here. Hope you can help me out. 

I'd like to use the function key F1 as a solo toggle for one specific channel. Since I work with templates, it should be a global command/assignment, where only audio track #2 is soloed when I hit F1, no matter what track is selected. 

Controller Assignment is still bugling and I cannot wrap my head around it. Is it even possible to setup something like this? As far as I know you cannot use Key Commands to do this, or can I?

You can't do it directly with Logic's key commands.

However, you could use something like Keyboard Maestro to run a macro when you press that key, and send a MIDI message to Logic which you have learned in controller assignments to do that specific task on that specific audio object.

• Like 1

On 5/19/2022 at 9:51 PM, des99 said:

You can't do it directly with Logic's key commands.

However, you could use something like Keyboard Maestro to run a macro when you press that key, and send a MIDI message to Logic which you have learned in controller assignments to do that specific task on that specific audio object.

Thanks for clearing that up. Easier would be then to have a very small MIDI controller, with just a few buttons, and put it on the desk. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, stardustmedia said:

a very small MIDI controller, with just a few buttons, and put it on the desk. 

Korg nanocontrol2 ($80 new) is about the width of a laptop keyboard with 8 solo/mute/arm buttons that light up, plus the usual transport buttons, 8 knobs, 8 sliders which you may or may not find any use for. I'd suggest taking a look into that. 

spacer.png

45 minutes ago, David Nahmani said:

WOW!! That's insane! Looks awesome. Must be time consuming for sure! 😀

It is. On the other hand, arrangement are played live, thus more organic and faster. No region copying, looping, muting, deleting, arranging, re-arranging, automation, undo automation, redo automation. 

It took some time to get into the new workflow, creating whole songs with a completely analog environment. Let alone learning the different modular ways 😅 but it's so nerdy, LOVE IT 🥰

9 hours ago, triplets said:

Most impressive!

Thanks 

Edited by stardustmedia
  • Like 1