The document could not be saved as "xyz". The file doesn't exist.

tmhuud

Anyone encountered this?  see photo. Its been happening more and more often. At first I thought the PROJECTS SSD was going bad but I've replaced it 4 times and still get t his. What does it mean? 

file.jpg

--Terry Michael Huud | Latest Interview: http://filmandgamecomposers.com/blog/?p=502 | www.Music4TheMovies.com | www.MySpace.com/terryhuud (fan site) | www.imdb.com/name/nm0404698/
Logic 7.2.3/MacPro-OSX-TIGER/12 gigs RAM

• David Nahmani changed the title to The document could not be saved as "xyz". The file doesn't exist.
14 hours ago, fisherking said:

try creating a test project, save it on your internal drive, see how that works...

It ALWAYS saves to Desktop. Then I move it back to PROJECT drive and it works for awhile anyway.

--Terry Michael Huud | Latest Interview: http://filmandgamecomposers.com/blog/?p=502 | www.Music4TheMovies.com | www.MySpace.com/terryhuud (fan site) | www.imdb.com/name/nm0404698/

51 minutes ago, tmhuud said:

It ALWAYS saves to Desktop. Then I move it back to PROJECT drive and it works for awhile anyway.

ok, but what if you don't move it to the project drive? ie try keeping one project (with all it's relevant files) in one folder on your mac for a while, and see if that file opens and works...

LP10.7.4 • os12.5b • 3.2GHz i7 imac • one plugin short of perfection  upstatebrooklyn

19 hours ago, David Nahmani said:

Can you try to save the file under a different name without underscore or spaces, as a test?

I did. Still wont save to PROJECTS drive.  Thanks for the suggestion!

1 hour ago, fisherking said:

ok, but what if you don't move it to the project drive? ie try keeping one project (with all it's relevant files) in one folder on your mac for a while, and see if that file opens and works...

lol. Whats with all the ads here. Gosh- shows how long its been since I've been around.  Hey, fisherking, I am going to do that for now.  I did another test today and REMOVED the PROJECTS drive from #2 BlackMagic Dock and replaced PROJECT drive with EXS24 drive in that slot and guess what, EXS24 Drive mysteriously ejected itself. So..... It (might be) a problem with #2 BlackMagic Dock or, at least that SLOT. (There are 4 slots in each BM rack mount.) It may also be possible that the entire BlackMagic Dock is bad. Or....  too much s#!+ is being pushed thru my 2013 MacPro TB port. (I have the BM's all daisy chained) 

6 hours ago, tmhuud said:

lol. Whats with all the ads here. Gosh- shows how long its been since I've been around.

Sorry if the ads are bothering you. I'm still tweaking things since the forum software upgrade last month. Care to say which ad unit exactly was too much for you? Or is it just a general feeling? Personally the sidebar ad and the bottom footer ad don't bother me, but there may be a little too many ads in between posts in a topic, so I will reach out to my publisher to ask them to lower the count a bit. 

I welcome all feedback. 

My new Logic Pro Book is out!