Mod Wheel gremlins

NicholasVarley
Go to solution Solved by NicholasVarley,

Arturia Keylab 88 Essential with LP10.7.4 - the mod wheel seems to send a "stop" message instead of CC#1

I've deleted any controller surfaces in the LP Setup, I've factory reset the Arturia pos, I cannot get this working again.

I don't think it's the LP session, the same behaviour occurs with a fresh session.

Any thoughts ?

Thx N

• Solution

I actually went back to a screen shot I had taken when I set up the Arturia a couple of years ago - something I would recommend to all - and simply typed in the values shown in the photo. This setup the physical faders on the keyboard to control the channel faders in LP. Curiously, and don't ask me how, this also got rid of the gremlin in the mod wheel. It now sends CC#1 as it should. Could it have been some sort of corrupted cache file ? The pitch bend wheel worked perfectly, but I don't use it that often. The mod wheel controls expression and instrument volume so it gets much more attention…

Faders Arturia Logic.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NicholasVarley said:

Could it have been some sort of corrupted cache file ?

It's hard to tell. That screenshot shows only one single assignment, and we can't see which parameter is selected in the Parameter column. The assignments appear to be the pitch bend wheel and a Note on event. I can't see how that could affect how the mod wheel is working, but I've seen stranger things happen. It's always possible that you had a corrupted control surface preference file and that by editing it you rewrote a fixed file. 

In any case, good to hear you're sorted! 😃