Anyone using UAD Apollo interface and Logic Pro?

nubie

Since I installed a UAD Apollo 8 interface to replace my MOTU 828 MK2, I can't get any signal out of Logic Stereo Out or Master Out when in playback mode.
I can hear the monitor output of the UAD Apollo 8 interface when I record, I can record, but when I playback in Logic I can't hear anything, no matter how the volume is set.
In Logic settings I set In and OUT to UAD. And in my MAC system settings I set the Audio Out to UAD.
I'm sure I have to set something in the UAD console, but I can't find what!

setting-01.jpg

setting-02.jpg

What about your output in I/O Assignments in Logic? (Preferences / Audio / I/O Assignments / Output)?
Could you send a screenshot of it?

https://www.tfdp.eu | iMac Pro, Mac OS 12.4, Logic Pro 10.7.4, iConnectivity mioXL, Universal Audio Apollo X6, Universal Audio Apollo 8 Duo, UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolts, hardware and software synthesizers.

In my prefs, software monitoring is enabled.
In the I/O Assignments, I have the choice via a pulldown between Output 1-2 (Stereo OUT), Output 3-4, Output 5-6 or Output 7-8.
"Mirror" is not selected.
The settings was on Output 1-2 (Stereo OUT) and if I change it to Output 3-4, then I now can hear the playback from Logic. I don't really understand why I can hear now the sound from Logic through the UAD, but it works!

Posted (edited)

Well it seems I was to optimistic in my previous post. I'm making a new track, same settings and it doesn't work. So obv. it had nothing to do with selecting Output 3-4 under the I/O Assignments.
Desperate.
I'll make some screenshots then. The recording happens on another computer than the one I'm writing this. So I need to transfer screenshots and so on first.

EDIT: Well. I trully wonder if this is a bug with Logic. I close the song because I can't find the reason why it won't work, I open a new one again, again from the same template, I record. I playback and now it works. This is something which is really disturbing. I'm doing EXACTLY the same process. There's only 1 track from the same template, only 1 instrument, same notes, nothing changed. Nothing more simple than that. It's so weird.
It's such a shame I can't record on video to show that I'm not changing anything except making a new song again.
So frustrating! I doubt it's related to the UAD interface.
Anyway. This thing gives me headaches.

Edited by nubie

On 5/30/2022 at 9:14 AM, nubie said:

So frustrating! I doubt it's related to the UAD interface.

I wouldn't rule that out.

Sometimes on my Apollo I have to do a power-cycle because Logic sees it, but no sound.

Logic Pro 9 Master Pro and X certified - ProTools 10 & 11 Certified Operator
2 x 3.06 Intel Six-Core 24 GB RAM, Logic 10.5.1, 10.14.6., UA Apollo - 2012 i7 MBP 16 GB Logic 10.6.3, 10.15.7
Contact me for Logic help (Teamviewer, Zoom, Skype) - http://www.ultimatestudiosinc.com

On 5/30/2022 at 6:14 PM, nubie said:

EDIT: Well. I trully wonder if this is a bug with Logic. (...) I doubt it's related to the UAD interface.

I wouldn't be so quick to jump to conclusions. Logic itself has no known bug in that regard, so it does sound like some sort of audio driver issue. You can always make sure all your UAD drivers (if any) or firmware are up to date. Or consider contacting UAD for help troubleshooting. 

One thing that comes to mind since you mention the issue being fixed by rebooting Logic: do you sometimes let your Mac or HD go to sleep? That's known to cause issues with the core audio driver, so I would definitely recommend against it for any Logic production station. 

My new Logic Pro Book is out!

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for all advices. I don't let the MAC or HD go to sleep. All drivers up-to-date.
Anyway, I installed Ableton Live now and it works perfectly with the UAD interface. So I'll use Live when I use the UAD to save time and struggling.Thank you for all advices. I don't let the MAC or HD go to sleep. All drivers up-to-date.
Anyway, I installed Ableton Live now and it works perfectly with the UAD interface. So I'll use Live when I use the UAD to save time and struggling.