Book lessons don't work [SOLVED]

Go to solution Solved by David Nahmani,

• Solution

Great, thanks. Then for example instead of opening 02 Get Dancing.logicx or 03 Get Dancing.logicx inside the "Lessons" folder (both are the same project), you can just open 02 Get Dancing.logicx inside "Get Dancing" in the "Media" folder.

Same with the other files: just open the project with a similar name but from inside the Media folder. 

Does that make sense? 

• David Nahmani changed the title to Book lessons don't work [SOLVED]

Can't believe how easy and useful and quick it was to get hold of you. I'm a guitar teacher, have been for 30 or so years. I'm trying to do my own producing, recording and mixing. I find it hard to learn the software and new concepts, it must be middle age kicking in. Any tips for remembering new skills? PS I love the way you point to real world examples and the history of recording in the books. 

Thanks David!

• Like 1

Great, thanks again for the compliments on my book, I'm happy to hear you find it useful. 

In my opinion the best way to remember new skills is to use them often, daily if possible. Even if it's to do tiny little things. Just like you're probably asking your guitar students to repeat exercises or do scales. For example if you want to remember how to do certain editing techniques in Logic, just practice doing them on test projects that you're building only for practicing. I learned Logic Pro like that, which removed the feat of breaking anything since I wasn't working on sensitive data. 

Also check out that list of shortcuts I just made! Download it and print it if you have to: 

Thanks David very helpful. In regards to my previous problem, all the lesson files are working but I think I'm booting them from a different source now. There is now a little external disk icon in my left side of the Finder window. It is Logic Pro X Files. Even booting from the lessons instead of the media folder now works as well?! 

PS I'm originally from Manchester in England but I now live in the West Country. Are you San Francisco?

• Like 1

Just now, Robin Griffiths said:

Even booting from the lessons instead of the media folder now works as well?! 

Great! Maybe somehow that fixed the aliases. 

Just now, Robin Griffiths said:

PS I'm originally from Manchester in England but I now live in the West Country. Are you San Francisco?

No I was in Los Angeles for nearly 20 years but now live in France.