New MacBook Pro > New Logic Pro book

Go to solution Solved by David Nahmani,

Got my new 2021 MacBook Pro 16" M1 Pro. I want to get back into Logic Pro after flirting with other DAWs. (Goodbye, Reason. Maybe I'll see you later, FL Studio.) Amazon was out of stock, so I went directly to Peachpit and, after searching for a discount code (don't ask me; you can find it), got the new edition for about $43. I tend to open Logic Pro, look around for a minute, then chicken out. This seems to be an active site, so I feel I can get some support here. 

• Like 1

• Solution

Hi Mark, definitely, you can feel like you're in good hands here with us. 😀

Thanks for your vote of confidence in my book. I'm sure it'll take the fear out of getting started. And obviously if while going through an exercise, or simply reading the book, you have a question, just ask here.

In my opinion the best way to learn is to experiment, so don't be afraid to break anything, just open new files, import some loops, insert some plug-ins, choose some patches, record some stuff, edit some regions, and you'll learn a lot in the process. No doubt you'll also feel frustrated for not understanding a behavior or not knowing how to achieve something you want to do, and that's where we come in, so just reach out. 

Welcome to Logic Pro Help ! 

• Love 2

• 2 weeks later...

Got my book the other day. I am reading the web edition on my MacBook Air, which is next to my MacBook Pro, on which I am working through the exercises in Logic Pro. Perfect!

The Physical book is great, and I appreciate that the web edition is available for free when you register on the publisher's site. There are also lesson files to download. Thanks, David!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

MarkThree,

I am also a newbie. If you want we can slog through together. I am looking to master logic  to record my originals and to help generate ideas. I am also very curious about sync for TV and Film. I am an OK singer, so if I have something I think is a winner I would probably have it demoed in Nashville by the pros, but I would use my logic recording to help show them how I want the song to go.

Best

Rich

• Like 2