Drum loop/ software suggestions

Gday!

Been a while since i checked back in. nice new platform!

So.... i need drum loops! I am a Guitarist with some grooves + Riffs that simply need great beats to compliment.  A while back, i purchased EZ drummer 2. I find it limiting in finding the sample i require, or something i can work with. The loop packages in Logic are great sounding, but restricting in associating beats. ie. verse & chorus.

I am capable of making a midi beat, however to speed production up i think i just need a good library of beats that i can also manipulate, to get the sound right

Funk, Blues, Reggae, even a bit of alt. country might be handy.

Do i:

a) Buy Superior drummer (which will exceed my capabilities/ time & depth of knowledge). which i hope has a large library of beats to cater my needs. maybe theres an alternative you can recommend.

b) Buy a toontracks Loops package or recommended alternative & use it in existing EZ drummer 2 package. 

Are these my best options for a vast array of great sounding loops?

Am i wasting my time with EZ drummer 2, if it already frustrates me not being able to find a beat i can work with?

Is EZ2 just a limiting with sound options as it is finding good loops?

Any advice would be appreciatted

18 hours ago, tobiascarter said:

Been a while since i checked back in. nice new platform!

Thank you! I'm happy you like the new look/functionalities! 😀

As for drums, it does sound like EZ drummer would be the right tool for the job, too bad that you're finding it lacking in the sample department. I suppose you could however export the MIDI out from EZ drummer (or just drag and drop it from EZ drummer onto the track) and use it to trigger Logic's drum kits. 

Alternatively, you could look into yellow Apple Loops (they're Drummer loops)?