Apple announces redesigned M2 MacBook Air and M2 MacBook Pro

MacBook Air features a new, strikingly thin design in four beautiful finishes, larger 13.6-inch Liquid Retina display, 1080p HD camera, MagSafe charging, and more.

M2 also comes to the 13-inch MacBook Pro with 24GB of fast unified memory, ProRes acceleration, and up to 20 hours of battery life.

https://www.apple.com/newsroom/2022/06/apple-unveils-all-new-macbook-air-supercharged-by-the-new-m2-chip/

Apple-WWDC22-MacBook-Air-hero-220606_big

i do all my logic work (& final cut) on my imac, but everything else... on a 2016 12" macbook (which, amazingly, works perfectly). 🤯

have been waiting for a redesigned air... and that black one has my name on it. plus, will probably install logic on it (why not?); should be fun. will report in here when (& will also talk about the ventura beta when that launched publicly).

Edited by fisherking
  • Like 1

Hmmm… inventory time…

how much iStuff is currently in our house?

2007 17“ iMac;

2011 Mini server;

Late 2015 27“ iMac;

2020 M1 mini, basic model;

2020 M1 mini, BTO.

iPhone 12 mini x 2…

2017 iPad;

2019 iPad Air.

the basic mini, bought for my wife, sits in its box since I bought it in January 2021 because she uses a PC for home office. Anything she wants from the Mac, she gets on the iPad. I have wanted one of those Macbook Airs, but, objectively, given the above list, I cannot justify it. Or a M2 mini.

17 minutes ago, Glenn Lancaster said:

Hmmm… inventory time…

how much iStuff is currently in our house?

2007 17“ iMac;

2011 Mini server;

Late 2015 27“ iMac;

2020 M1 mini, basic model;

2020 M1 mini, BTO.

iPhone 12 mini x 2…

2017 iPad;

2019 iPad Air.

the basic mini, bought for my wife, sits in its box since I bought it in January 2021 because she uses a PC for home office. Anything she wants from the Mac, she gets on the iPad. I have wanted one of those Macbook Airs, but, objectively, given the above list, I cannot justify it. Or a M2 mini.

just curious: why? the idea (i think, anyway) is to replace hardware when it's the right time.

what's the point of a 2007 imac? and which devices do you actually use?

3 minutes ago, fisherking said:

just curious: why? the idea (i think, anyway) is to replace hardware when it's the right time.

what's the point of a 2007 imac? and which devices do you actually use?

The 2007 iMac was kept as a backup when I got the mini-server in 2012. The mini-server just got put away because the ########## fan was so noisy, I doubted I could sell it. I'm trying to sell the 2015 iMac, but that has been unsuccessful so far. Thing about that one is, I'd have to advertise as 'for pickup only.' Someone tried to rip me off last December on eBay classifieds, I caught on and neutralized his plan. I am concerned that he might have someone come by on his behalf. I have been recovering from a very serious health issue and get stressed out by the simplest things.

• Like 1

Wow M2 Air already. I guess the competition is pushing Apple because the original M1 MacBook Air is still so powerful for Logic…(100 track projects with 25% CPU usage here)  I am glad that we are at the point where computers are powerful enough and now actually the software has to catch up with inventing new demanding features LOL

• 1 month later...
15 hours ago, lookatthisguy said:

The M1 MacBook Airs released in 2022. Though it's early to say for sure, they appear to be on a two-year cycle.

20 months between MacBooks Air M1 and M2. Rumours are that the M2 Pro 14“/16“ might be out by the end of this year, which would put them on a yearly turn.

Of course, we don’t know yet, and supply-chain issues are very likely affecting their scheduling, as well. 

Edited by analogika