How to make project tempo match song tempo when I've already edited the audio clips?

imjackarbor

Okay, so I'm mixing a song and have realized the project tempo is off from the actual song tempo. The project is at 168 and the song is at 162, and simply trying to turn down the tempo makes everything off because I have slices and chops on certain audio clips (.wav stems) and it sounds out of time and bad. I also tried right clicking on my drums and selecting "align project tempo to region tempo" but all that did was make it sound equally terrible because it deleted all of my plugin data all on the faders for some reason???

I've tried googling it and have gotten results for how to make sure Logic Pro automatically adjusts the project tempo to audio clips whenever you FIRST drag it in, but that's not what I'm looking for. How do I go about snapping the entire song onto tempo when I've already made edits, cuts, etc?

Basically all I'm looking for here is to make my project tempo 162 and with the metronome on time with the song, WITHOUT affecting the audio files at all.

Providing that you didn’t mess with tempo flex (yet), one approach might be to:

• bounce your (entire) project, or a rhythmic track (which could be used as tempo reference) that last the entire project length
  • importing re-import the resulting audio file (without the embedded tempo mapping it may contain)
  • remove the tempo metadata (it might contain)
  • set Logic (Smart) tempo mode to ADAPT
  • in Smart Tempo pane trigger the Analysis.

IIRW, that should create a tempo map in Logic project Global Tempo track, reflecting the recording of you original project.

• Like 1

On 6/7/2022 at 5:40 PM, Atlas007 said:

Providing that you didn’t mess with tempo flex (yet), one approach might be to:

• bounce your (entire) project, or a rhythmic track (which could be used as tempo reference) that last the entire project length
  • importing re-import the resulting audio file (without the embedded tempo mapping it may contain)
  • remove the tempo metadata (it might contain)
  • set Logic (Smart) tempo mode to ADAPT
  • in Smart Tempo pane trigger the Analysis.

IIRW, that should create a tempo map in Logic project Global Tempo track, reflecting the recording of you original project.

This solution works, but I realized after going through and replacing all my audio tracks with the bounced ones, my compression was messed up due to bounced tracks having volume data from both the faders and gain. How do I bounce all of my tracks only keeping the gain data? Because if I retain the integrity of the gain data, I could also keep the integrity of all my fader data as well, right? And so I can just plop in all my new tracks, replace them, and the mix sounds the exact same and on tempo.