New Forum Support (sign in, posting, replying, searching...)

1 hour ago, polanoid said:

Is anybody using this forum on an iPad or iPhone and also noticing that, when trying to scroll from the end of a long thread to the first post on the top of the page, Safari automatically scrolls to the end again at some point? Really annoying. Is this because of some ad that pops up? Does anyone know a workaround?

No, ads should definitely not affect the behavior you describe. I'll spend some time browsing the forum on my iPad but so far I haven't been able to reproduce this issue. 

Also you may want to try experimenting with the different Content View Behavior settings in your account? https://www.logicprohelp.com/settings/links/

Finally in case you don't know that yet, you can click the thin line above the URL field at the very top of Safari on the iPad to scroll all the way up. 

The behavior doesn’t seem to be immediately reproducible, when I try right now it works. I‘ll see if I can find out when exactly it happens. Thanks for the hint about the line above the URL, didn‘t know that (no solution for the iPhone though)

1 minute ago, polanoid said:

The behavior doesn’t seem to be immediately reproducible, when I try right now it works. I‘ll see if I can find out when exactly it happens. Thanks for the hint about the line above the URL, didn‘t know that (no solution for the iPhone though)

If you can reproduce then let me know: 

1. What your Content View Behavior is se to?
  2. How you accessed the topic exactly? (For example: clicked the name of the topic, or the last post in the topic list?)

6 hours ago, ColbyKeyz said:

Why is this site so glitchy since the update. It freezes chrome everytime it’s become unusable

@ColbyKeyz Sorry to hear! Let's troubleshoot your access to our site. I have heard only positive reports until yours so this may be something unique on your end. 

Do you have the latest version of Chrome? What type of Mac? Feel free to reach out privately if you prefer. 

One simple thing you can try right away is to hold down the shift key while you click the refresh page button to empty your browser cache. 

• David Nahmani changed the title to New Forum Support (sign in, posting, replying, searching...)
  • 2 weeks later...

Is it possible to by default reduce the font size in code blocks? You can't manually change the font size as far as I can see.

This is some code, and it's quite big!

It means a lot of code blocks will extend to the right of a forum post and get quite awkward to read.

It currently looks around size 18, but I think a size of more like 14 would be more appropriate.

Cheers!

• Like 1

Is it possible to only show the "Need help signing in?" stuff, if you are not actually signed in?

(The premise being, you're probably not having trouble signing in if you are already signed in, and are much more likely to need help signing in if you're not signed in, and can't manage to sign in..?)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, des99 said:

Is it possible to only show the "Need help signing in?" stuff, if you are not actually signed in?

(The premise being, you're probably not having trouble signing in if you are already signed in, and are much more likely to need help signing in if you're not signed in, and can't manage to sign in..?)

Unfortunately thats not possible. But I'll soon remove that alert which was meant to last for a little while after transitioning to the new forum software.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, fisherking said:

feel like i'm missing something obvious? went to edit a post, and couldn't find that option. am sure i've edited millions of my posts.

how do i...?

Click the "..." button at the top right of your post then choose Edit. You're limited in time though, I don't remember exactly how long. 

1 minute ago, David Nahmani said:

Click the "..." button at the top right of your post then choose Edit. You're limited in time though, I don't remember exactly how long. 

then it must be the time limit. a bit frustrating, if i have some additional info for a post, but a day or 2 later. still, easy enough to do a new post.

anyway, am not crazy (well... hmmm). thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/19/2022 at 5:52 PM, ravez said:

hi, on the phone the new forum has the first post using large font and the replies have a tiny font, is it possible to keep a medium size font for consistency and readability?

I attach an example screenshot

In that example, the first poster was using a specific font size that was larger than normal font size. I've now fixed it. See if you can look at that same thread again on mobile, you should see that all posts now have the same font size (in fact all posts in any other thread you look at should have the same font size). 

i see, thanks for the fix

I still think once you open a thread, the posts text size is too small, would be nice to keep the size you have in the threads list for example, or the size you have when typing a reply, i don’t know why it needs to be changed to a smaller size once it’s in a thread.

see attachment 

7B1FA8EE-51D5-48B6-A41D-B9BFA3C26514.png

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ravez said:

I still think once you open a thread, the posts text size is too small, would be nice to keep the size you have in the threads list for example, or the size you have when typing a reply, i don’t know why it needs to be changed to a smaller size once it’s in a thread.

Good point, let me see what I can do. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Is anybody else experiencing this? 

When I create a screenshot in my clipboard by pressing Cmd-Ctrl-Shift-4 and then paste that screenshot into a new message here in this forum via Cmd-V, it is always pasted twice and I have to remove one of the (identical) images.

This is on Safari 15.6 and Monterey 12.5 on an M1 MacBook Pro, just in case.

Just now, polanoid said:

BTW using the clipboard saves unnecessary clutter on my disk ;-), so I prefer that method 

Honestly I'd never thought of using the clipboard for this but I agree that it saves many unnecessary housekeeping on the desktop and on the disk and it's just faster. I have to adopt that method myself! 

I'll let you know once I find out how to fix this issue.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/8/2022 at 12:22 PM, polanoid said:

When I create a screenshot in my clipboard by pressing Cmd-Ctrl-Shift-4 and then paste that screenshot into a new message here in this forum via Cmd-V, it is always pasted twice and I have to remove one of the (identical) images.

Apparently this issue was resolved with the recent update I did? Let me know if you're still experiencing this?