Multi-sampler layering order in Sampler

JOB
Go to solution Solved by jaydude,

I have 12 kicks of increasing velocity numbered 0-11.   When I drag them into Logic's Sampler they stack up in the reverse order of what I'd like, the harder you hit the key, the softer velocity sample they trigger.  

Is there an easy way to reverse them in Sampler?  

EDIT -

I moved onto another multi-layered sampled drum kit where the kicks are labeled hard/medium/soft, and they also came up backwards in Logic, where high velocity = the soft kick.  

What does Logic use to determine which order it automatically puts them in?

Is there a good straightforward tutorial on multi-layering in Logic?  I'm not finding one. 

Edited by JOB

I had checked that it, it doesn't answer the question no, its far from comprehensive.  

It shows a way to do a few things manually, but doesn't explain how to load in a set of numbered velocity layers in the correct order. 

Sampler is doing what I want, when you drag a group  of numbered samples onto one key,  its automatically setting the velocity triggers at even intervals, just in the wrong order.  Doing this manually would take a fair amount of time, where the automatic process takes about 5 seconds.  How do I tell the automatic process to reverse the order?

Edited by JOB
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • Solution

Computers are automators. And I could not imagine this function should not be available, since it is a lot of work for men, but a small step for a computer 🙂

So I searched, and found it. It is in the Mapping Panels menu: Zone/Remaping/Mirror Velocities.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, jaydude said:

Computers are automators. And I could not imagine this function should not be available, since it is a lot of work for men, but a small step for a computer 🙂

So I searched, and found it. It is in the Mapping Panels menu: Zone/Remaping/Mirror Velocities.

Nice one!  I still hadn't found an answer to this question anywhere. Solved. 

Edited by JOB