Using midi to sidechain master bus?

SoSpiro

I've tried using Duck by devious machines as a midi trigger to sidechain a kick to a dummy stereo bus.  Every channel is sent to the dummy stereo bus, but the kick is sent to the real stereo channel.  It works, but the Duck plug-in goes to sleep every so often and I have to keep waking it up just to hear any output since that dummy aux is selected as the Sidechain in the menu of Duck.  It's annoying and I need another workflow and I'd prefer to have the midi trigger the ducking for flexibility.  

Is there an easier way?

2019 MBP 16", Logic pro 10.7.4, Mac OS Monterey 12.4, 2.6GHz 6-core Intel Core i7, 16GB memory 2667 MHz DDR4

15 hours ago, David Nahmani said:

Why does Duck go to sleep? My understanding is that you have Duck inserted in the Instrument slot of a software instrument channel strip? If that's the case, then as long as there's MIDI data on that track, Duck should continue passing on its sidechained audio? 

We've had that discussion before: 

yea we did!  you have a good memory.

This is a separate issue though.  I got the sidechain routing to work for duck, but it's just the fact that now the instrument seems to go to sleep and it a bit glitchy/buggy?  for example, if the end of the envelope on Duck goes down to -inf, then my whole output goes to -inf even when i don't trigger Duck via midi.  same thing with the beginning of the envelope.  i've experimented with this and drew a "square" envelope instead so the end AND beginning are at maximum volume and it works......but then the instrument would seem to go to sleep and my whole output would go mute (but faders still jumping) until i played with the envelope again!  Also, it's annoying to solo instruments, because i have to remember to solo the Duck instrument since it's sidechained to the dummy master channel.  I usually have to scroll through hundreds of tracks back and forth just to solo a channel and it doesn't seem like a feasible workflow 😕

i'm not sure if it's something i'm personally doing wrong or if it's Duck, or Logic.

2019 MBP 16", Logic pro 10.7.4, Mac OS Monterey 12.4, 2.6GHz 6-core Intel Core i7, 16GB memory 2667 MHz DDR4