How can I install logic pro-x 10.4.8?

coco
Go to solution Solved by triplets,

Hi everyone, I have to reinstall my logic, and my back up (made through time machine) is corrupted. I would like to keep my old version, since I have seen a lot of comments saying that the new version doesn't work well on old machines. (My Mac is from 2012), so I need this old version. Does anyone knows how to get it? 

Theres many topics here asking for older versions of Logic, with the main two answers usually given being:

• Use the backup version you manually saved in multiple places because once a new version comes out that’s it and there’s no simple way to get that specific version again.
  • If you don’t have a saved copy, ask nicely if someone can send it to you.

2 minutes ago, RobertAnthony said:

I know, that's why I haven't responded to OP lol. But take a  look at the forum and you'll see my response isn't wrong.

Sorry... Didn't mean to judge your statement.

I was just questioning about if that was legit to transfer that software, knowing for instance that often people sell their Mac with all the apps still installed.

23 hours ago, coco said:

Hi everyone, I have to reinstall my logic, and my back up (made through time machine) is corrupted. I would like to keep my old version, since I have seen a lot of comments saying that the new version doesn't work well on old machines. (My Mac is from 2012), so I need this old version. Does anyone knows how to get it? 

Another alternative aside from what was already mentioned would be to identify the last OS X version to support the latest version of Logic that you're trying to acquire and install that OS X onto a separate partition, usb or drive. Then login to the App Store using your Apple ID and it should allow you to download the latest supported version of Logic. Of course, then you'd have to get the OS X which could be a catch 22.

But from there you could just transfer it to your 2012 system. Personally I don't think Apple support would be able to assist in provisioning you a copy. At least, that's the impression I've always received from them when it comes to OS X versions that have gone out of support. They'd probably suggest something similar if anything. But you could give them a try.

Edited by Maestro777

• 7 months later...

Friends, People, Musicians, Producers,

I am desperately in need of the version 10.4.8

I have paid  for Logic 8 back in the day, I think in 2007 a lot of money. Then I bought the LXP for CHF 200. So, I paid more 1k for this app in total.

Now I can not download the proper version for my High Sierra. I still have 10.4.3, but it crashes all the time. The App Store doesn't offer me  the version 10.4.8. What a shame. Why is that?

Could someone PLEASE help me?

Thanks

Edited by arseny

21 minutes ago, arseny said:

Friends, People, Musicians, Producers,

I am desperately in need of the version 10.4.8

I have paid  for Logic 8 back in the day, I think in 2007 a lot of money. Then I bought the LXP for CHF 200. So, I paid more 1k for this app in total.

Now I can not download the proper version for my High Sierra. I still have 10.4.3, but it crashes all the time. The App Store doesn't offer me  the version 10.4.8. What a shame. Why is that?

Could someone PLEASE help me?

Thanks

I’m sorry for your troubles but as stated I don’t know how many times, on how many forum topics, it is not legal to share software.

• Solution

One thing you can try it to trash the Logic app, but don't empty the trash.

Then go to the App Store and re-download. It should give you the latest available version for your OS.

It's the only way I know of and it might not work.

You can also try logging out of the app store and back in if nothing happens.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, triplets said:

One thing you can try it to trash the Logic app, but don't empty the trash.

Then go to the App Store and re-download. It should give you the latest available version for your OS.

It's the only way I know of and it might not work.

You can also try logging out of the app store and back in if nothing happens.

Thanks!!!

This did the trick!!!

• Like 1