A/B tracks while playing.

sjasz

Go to solution Solved by Atlas007,

I might not be using the correct lingo being that I got no search results form google. I would like to A/B two tracks while I am playing back. Lets say I have a bright dry snare on one track and a more full reverbed snare on another track. I would like to toggle between the two when playing back to see which one I prefer in the mix. It gets a bit more complex in that I really want to be able to do this for several tracks such as one set of Kick/Snare/Hat versus another. Another example would be if I was replacing a string sound and want to have the new sound match the old one as far as relative volume so I would toggle between the two while adjusting the volume of the new sound. I came up with one solution where I make a group of one set that include inverted versions of tracks I want to turn off and mute and unmute the group but am hoping for a more elegant solution.

Thanks

• Solution

Using a MIDI controller (such as the Mackie MCU Pro) and using group,  using two fingers you could mute one group and unmute the other group in one move. With three fingers you could toggle A/B/C.

I don't see how more elegant that could be...

• Like 1

LogicPro 10.7.4, MainStage 3.6,
MBPro 17", Core2Duo, 8G, OSX 10.12.6, MacPro, Xeon 6Cores, 64GB, OSX 10.16.1,
ULN8, MOTU MIDI TP-AV, C4, MCU Pro, KorgNano, Novation SLMkII, Several vintage gear
AAS, NI, Celemony, Spectrasonics, Korg, Arturia, etc..., PC, iPadPro 5th gen 12.9”(Duet D., V-Control & LogicRemote), AtariST(Notator SL),

Thanx for the heads up!

LogicPro 10.7.4, MainStage 3.6,
MBPro 17", Core2Duo, 8G, OSX 10.12.6, MacPro, Xeon 6Cores, 64GB, OSX 10.16.1,
ULN8, MOTU MIDI TP-AV, C4, MCU Pro, KorgNano, Novation SLMkII, Several vintage gear
AAS, NI, Celemony, Spectrasonics, Korg, Arturia, etc..., PC, iPadPro 5th gen 12.9”(Duet D., V-Control & LogicRemote), AtariST(Notator SL),

A simple way is to mute all tracks except your track A, then select (the muted)  track B and switch between the tracks using S (or clicking the tracks solo button) :)

Edited by JakobP
Logic Pro 10.5.1 • OS X 10.14.6 • MBP 15" Early 2013 • 2.4 GHz Intel Core i7 • 8GB RAM • iMac 27 Late 2013 • 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5 • 16GB RAM • Focusrite Saffire 6 USB • cheap midi keyboard • Korg NanoKontrol • Roland UM-One mkII • Behringer FCB1010 • Gibson ES335

Ah yes, reading the initial post again I see you're right (as always) :)

Logic Pro 10.5.1 • OS X 10.14.6 • MBP 15" Early 2013 • 2.4 GHz Intel Core i7 • 8GB RAM • iMac 27 Late 2013 • 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5 • 16GB RAM • Focusrite Saffire 6 USB • cheap midi keyboard • Korg NanoKontrol • Roland UM-One mkII • Behringer FCB1010 • Gibson ES335