Flex modes issues

daxim

Hi all,

I'm trying to correct some sloppy drum takes, no individual tracks just a stereo bounce of the drums.

I'm having trouble finding a Flex mode that works w the material, all modes I've tried have their own very prominent artefacts: So far Monophonic has worked the best but introduces random flam effects on certain hits. Rhythmic brings up severe phasing issues, especially on Cymbals. I mean it's really bad.  Polyphonic kills the transients, making everything sound washy and digital, kinda like a bad mp3 encoding. Slicing misinterprets transients and leaves large audible gaps in the audio before and after time corrected/stretched hits. None of the modes have proved to be even close to usable on this particular drum file, as I said Monophonic works ok except for the random flams it generates...guess I'll have to go with that for now and replace the flammy hits w normal sounding hits after bouncing the time corrected track.

I use Flex every now and then and have always been able to find a mode I can live with, but not today. Anybody have a good tip or workaround?

Thanks

Small update:

In Monophonic mode, if I put an extra marker before the flammy hit the flam artefact goes away. I've tried placing the transient for the kick in this case in a more 'correct' position, various positions around or exactly on the actual start of the kick in the waveform to help Logic out but the flam stays. The extra transient remedies the problem though.

Flexy.png