Controller Assignments sending wrong CC#

Aftermid

Hi,

I've been using a Midas M32 to send CC assignments to Logic.  I've been sending CC# 11, for example for expression, the Controller Assignment pages registers this as panning.  No matter what CC# I send it learns it as panning.  Afterwards, when I close the Controller Assignment page, I can't open it again.  I have to close and not save the session.  I'll start a new session and this will allow me access again to the controller page.  Really weird.  

On the other hand, if I draw in the expression or modulation etc on the region area of a track, it works fine, but not with the controller.  Any ideas.

Logic 10.8.4. High Sierra, Mac Mid 2012, 16 Gig Ram, 3.4Ghz

Thanks,

4 minutes ago, Aftermid said:

I've been sending CC# 11, for example for expression, the Controller Assignment pages registers this as panning.

You know the assignment procedure is to first move the control you want to assign a MIDI CC too, and *then* send the MIDI CC to learn it? It's possible you aren't giving a target parameter to be learned. Even so, it doesn't matter what the controller assignment creates on it's own, you can freely edit it to change the assignment into what you want.

I don't really know why you can't open the controller assignment window, I've never heard of anyone having a similar problem. How are you trying to open it? Via a key command, menu option, screenset or some other way? Do all of these methods fail to open it in the same way?

As des99 explained, you should be able to click any parameter on the channel strip or in a plug-in and see that parameter displayed in the Logic Pro > Control Surfaces > Learn Assignment for "XYZ" menu. 

So if you click for example the volume fader then XYZ will be Volume, and if you click the Drive knob of a Bitcrusher plug-in then XYZ will be Drive

11 hours ago, Aftermid said:

Afterwards, when I close the Controller Assignment page, I can't open it again.

How are you trying to open it again exactly? 

12 hours ago, Aftermid said:

On the other hand, if I draw in the expression or modulation etc on the region area of a track, it works fine, but not with the controller.  Any ideas.

Not sure I'm getting it, but it sounds like you want to record cc11 expression to a track ? Is that it ? If so, simply press record and move your cc11 fader... The controller assignments are not needed and should be deleted...

Edited by JakobP
  • Like 2