Using a Third Display Turned Vertically

I’d like to buy a third display to orient vertically for displaying score sets - I mean actually turning the monitor 90 degrees counter- or clockwise. I was looking at used Apple Cinema Displays on eBay but apparently they require a “special adapter” (according to someone in the Apple support community). 

Anyone that already does this: can you recommend a monitor that will turn 90 degrees clockwise without much hassle? Thanks. 

2 hours ago, David Nahmani said:

Do you have a specific display size or budget in mind? 

This BenQ monitor for example can easily be rotated to a vertical position. 

Here's a recent thread where we were discussing alternatives to the Apple Studio Display monitor:

Thanks for your reply. I just upgraded my Mac Pro’s RAM & system drive, so I’m hoping to keep it under $250, I’ll be looking in pawn shops, eBay and Craig’s List. Your reply and that thread give me some great places to start, so thank you again! 

• Like 1

Any monitor with a Vesa mount can be attached to an inexpensive monitor arm (about $50 or so) and can be rotated, moved, angled etc as you wish - and you avoid the poor cheap stands the lower end monitors usually come with. I did exactly this with an LG monitor, and it works great.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, des99 said:

Any monitor with a Vesa mount can be attached to an inexpensive monitor arm (about $50 or so) and can be rotated, moved, angled etc as you wish - and you avoid the poor cheap stands the lower end monitors usually come with. I did exactly this with an LG monitor, and it works great.

I forgot about Vesa mounts. Great idea, thanks des99! 

• Like 1

On 6/27/2022 at 11:24 PM, des99 said:

Honestly, having gotten a monitor arm, I *thoroughly* recommend it... I just got an inexpensive one via ebay, and it's fantastic.

Thanks for your feedback des99, it’s really helpful! 

Btw, I love the mu:zines music magazine archive. That’s a huge undertaking, I’m grateful you and your partners thought of doing that. 👍

• Like 1
  • Love 1