Project File Corrupted won't open. Import method doesn't work.

golildemigod

Tried to CMND+S save project. Said unable to save. Never happened before. Crashes often but I’m usually able to just simply recover/reopen the project. This time it says “file does not exist” but it’s still on my computer with “.logicx” as the extension. All my working files/projects do not have that extension. Says 18.4 MB. Audio files are still there but that’s it. Did not see the “00” thing in alternatives. For some reason an automatic backup was not saved this time. When I tried to import by starting new project it says “already open with permission” or somethin like that or it’ll say “load into version 7.2 or earlier”. It was recorded on version 10.3.4.

• David Nahmani changed the title to Project File Corrupted won't open. Import method doesn't work.

I’ve made a duplicate/copy. Tried copying the “resources” folder from other projects and pasting it into the corrupted project’s “content packages”. Nothing. I can’t get the file open to re-save it under a diff name unless there’s a way I don’t know about

Note: You'll generally need to zip up the Logic projects to preserve their contents and upload them here. Many sharing services don't understand macOS file and bundle formats and don't preserve them correctly.

It's simple to do - just control/right click on the logicx file and choose "Compress" - this creates a zip file which you can then upload.

(Also, don't include audio files, they are not needed and just massive increase the size to upload/download the projects. Just the project file without assets is fine.)

From what I can see, none of those files have any project data in them (but I don't know whether this was corrupted in the upload/download, or whether that's the actual state of the files).

Edited by des99

5 minutes ago, des99 said:

Note: You'll generally need to zip up the Logic projects to preserve their contents and upload them here. Many sharing services don't understand macOS file and bundle formats and don't preserve them correctly.

It's simple to do - just control/right click on the logicx file and choose "Compress" - this creates a zip file which you can then upload.

(Also, don't include audio files, they are not needed and just massive increase the size to upload/download the projects. Just the project file without assets is fine.)

From what I can see, none of those files have any project data in them (but I don't know whether this was corrupted in the upload/download, or whether that's the actual state of the files).

Yeah that’s rly the state of the files 😔

8 minutes ago, des99 said:

My computer is basically full so stuff just disappears sometimes. I saved using the shortcut  after program closed/reopened and the screen just kept flashing w/ a “couldn’t save” message then it crashed yet created 2 project files. Are you saying I can still compress it w/o the audio files and you’ll be able to see the project as is? Or it’s rly not much left of the files to do anything about it?

58 minutes ago, golildemigod said:

compressed. its 6.4 mb. too big.

If sounds like you either save the project as a package or compressed the entire project folder. Make sure you follow the instructions: you should save the project organized as a folder, then go inside the project folder and compress only the Logic project file. 

Just now, David Nahmani said:

If sounds like you either save the project as a package or compressed the entire project folder. Make sure you follow the instructions: you should save the project organized as a folder, then go inside the project folder and compress only the Logic project file. 

How can I re-save if I can’t even open it