Notes are shifted when using the Drum Replacement

Danny Wyatt

Early today I noticed that when I was using the drum replacement feature, the MIDI notes (while still in preview mode), were shifted to the right. I believe that once I applied the changes, they were aligned with the audio again, can't confirm 100%. Any explanation for this? Or was it just a bug?

552163455_Notesareshifted.png.46a8b7336e3e7b7569309997c0bdb220.png

Edited by Danny Wyatt

1 hour ago, polanoid said:

Did you rule out all the standard culprits already? Song Start not at 1 1 1 1, latency inducing plug-ins,…?

I don't see how the latency plugins would affect the placement of MIDI notes, when it's just analyzing an audio file and placing MIDI on the arrangement? And I believe the same would apply to the song not being at 1 1 1 1... Especially when, after it's converted, the notes are in place. It's just the preview that's off. Maybe it was just a glitch...

Edited by Danny Wyatt

1 hour ago, David Nahmani said:

We can't really see what's wrong on your screenshot, you'd need to zoom in a bit more. What kind of audio recording is that? I mean, what instrument is it? 

Look at the number of notes in the audio region and where they are placed, then look at the MIDI region and see where the notes are. Use the first 7 notes as a reference. You will see that the 7 MIDI notes start on the 4th audio "blob" instead of the 1st one.

This is a normal HiHat pattern.

Edited by Danny Wyatt

2 minutes ago, David Nahmani said:

Is there a way can share this project? 

To be honest, I've been working on almost 30 projects at the same time and I don't remember which one this one is. This was probably a bug, because I used this feature before and never experienced this behavior.

I was just wondering if this could be a "normal" behavior based on something I wasn't paying attention to. The thing is, I think I remember looking at the MIDI region after I converted it and the notes being in the right place, so maybe it was just a visual glitch...

Edited by Danny Wyatt