Importing audio with drag and drop

duster66
Go to solution Solved by Maestro777,

Hey guys

I am trying to copy an audio region from one session to another and usually I would just drag and drop from one session's arrange to the other's. 

But my target session is different sample rate (48k instead of 44.1k) so the audio region plays back faster.

I looked into Project Settings>Assets and both "copy audio files into project" and "convert audio file sample rate when importing" are both checked. But both the sample rate doesnt convert to 48k neither the file is copied to the target project's location. Is this normal? Doesn't it work with drag and drop from a session?

Thanks

• Solution

I may be wrong but my understanding and experience suggests that those settings you're referencing are applicable to either dragging and dropping OR importing "audio files" (not regions) An audio file and region are 2 distinctly different components.

If I'm wrong, I'm sure someone will correct me.

But do you get the same result when you import or drop an audio file into your targeted project or does the result honor the settings?

Edited by Maestro777

8 hours ago, Maestro777 said:

I may be wrong but my understanding and experience suggests that those settings you're referencing are applicable to either dragging and dropping OR importing "audio files" (not regions) An audio file and region are 2 distinctly different components.

If I'm wrong, I'm sure someone will correct me.

But do you get the same result when you import or drop an audio file into your targeted project or does the result honor the settings?

Hey there.

Ah yea I imported from finder and it does it fine thanks. Shame though would be easy if you could just drag and drop a region :P

cheers

• Like 1