EXS24 Samples Behaving as One-Shots But One-Shot Mode is Not Enabled

ew1

I am using the Roland TR-909 kit in the EXS24

The majority of the samples are behaving as if they are in one-shot mode even though in the editor, one-shot mode is not selected for those samples. I want to control the length of the hi hat with the length of the midi notes.

Why is this happening and how can I make those samples stop behaving like one shots?

Thanks

1 hour ago, David Nahmani said:

Can you attach a project that displays that issue here? 

I assume that for the session to be of any use, it needs to have the 909 ESX instrument samples contained within it. Those samples are what is making the compressed file too large. If I remove those samples, I imagine the session won't be of much use to diagnose the problem. However, in case I am wrong, here is the session without the samples.

EXS24 problem.logicx.zip

For the Roland 909 instrument this is controlled by the Envelope 1 Release ("R") Offset parameter of the group the sample zone is in. For the HiHat it's set to 800, so set that value to 0 if you want to end sample playback quickly when releasing the key.

Edited by polanoid

On 7/2/2022 at 3:18 PM, polanoid said:

For the Roland 909 instrument this is controlled by the Envelope 1 Release ("R") Offset parameter of the group the sample zone is in. For the HiHat it's set to 800, so set that value to 0 if you want to end sample playback quickly when releasing the key.

That worked. Thanks. The only annoying thing about it is that when you change anything in EXS24 editor, Logic wants you to save that as a new instrument. That's kind of cumbersome  and I've found that when I've done that in the past, sessions have often lost the saved instruments. Is there any workaround for this? It would be great to not have to save the instrument. 

On 7/7/2022 at 10:19 PM, polanoid said:

I don’t understand. Whar would be the alternative?

Typically, you are able to save such changes by saving a new patch within the sampler. You would simply go to "save as" within the instrument. I think you can do that with Ultrabeat. But EXS24 requires you to save a new "instrument" any time you make any changes to the sample envelopes.

In fact, in many cases you don't even need to save a new patch by doing "save as" within the instrument. If you just save the session, the edit will be saved as session data. I'm pretty Ultrabeat works like this too.