Sudden loss of CPU power

faflinku

Hi everyone, I wonder if you can help me, I have a sudden loss of CPU ability while playing my cpu intensive Logic songs (I've had no problem for months)... I've frozen everything (green), bounced everything down and literally have one track playing and 4 plugins being used and it still says Disk too slow or System overload! 😕 I've reinstalled Logic and cleaned the mac up but no change, please help!

I attach specs and mixer view example... when it crashes one of the processing threads jumps up, many thanks! Ben

Screenshot 2022-07-01 at 20.22.29.png

Screenshot 2022-07-01 at 20.25.09.png

Screenshot 2022-07-01 at 20.25.36.png

Sounds practically identical to the issue I was having and posted just a few days back. Was never able to determine the root cause of the problem. Happened just out of the blue without rhyme or reason. After going through every suggestion presented, I threw in the towel and just did a fresh install of the OS and every freakin' plugin I have onto an external partition. 2 days worth of work and brutally painful.

I can however now play my project without issue but since it is resource intensive, I do get a periodic system overload error but only depending on where within the project I start the playback.

My hypothetical guess is that it's likely due to a combination of things. (e.g. misbehaving' plugins, corrupted portion of the project, etc)

Here are some suggestions you may want to consider.

Clear/Reset your NVRAM/PRAM

You've may have already considered this one, but check your I/0 Buffer and Processing Buffer size. I found that sometimes changing those setting up in different combinations actually works better than simply setting them to the max.

Lastly, post your system specs to help us out

iMac Pro 27 | 3.2 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon W | 256 GB RAM | Radeon Pro Vega 56 8 GB Graphics | Apollo x8p Audio Interface | Monterey OSX | Presonus Quantum 2632 | Celemony | ReVoice Pro | Cubase | StudioOne | Logic 10.7

Thank you Maestro777! System specs are in my first post :) Yes I saw that someone else's similar problem was helped by actually unfreezing tracks! I've tried all sorts of buffer configurations... thanks for the link, I'll try that now, Ben

7 hours ago, faflinku said:

Thank you Maestro777! System specs are in my first post :) 

Oops Sorry. 😮 I missed the screenshot

iMac Pro 27 | 3.2 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon W | 256 GB RAM | Radeon Pro Vega 56 8 GB Graphics | Apollo x8p Audio Interface | Monterey OSX | Presonus Quantum 2632 | Celemony | ReVoice Pro | Cubase | StudioOne | Logic 10.7

Hmm.... so wonder which of your actions actually resolved the problem then. Restarting the system or removal of the USB cables? I'll guess that restarting probably cleared the RAM of garbled data so it was a help but maybe there could be either a bad USB cable or faulty connection.

Either way, glad to know you got relief! Man I hate these types of issues though, there the worst.

• Thanks 1