How to start playing a Logic Pro X file from a specific Marker using Applescript?

Augustov

Hi All,

Does anybody knows how to tell Logic Pro X to start playing from a specific marker?
I know how to open the file and start playing (with the script below) but I can't make it to jump to a specific marker. 

Any idea?

on action(parameter)
tell application "Finder"
activate
open document file "Concert.logicx" of folder "Users" of startup disk
end tell

tell application "Logic Pro X"
activate

end tell

tell application "System Events"
tell process "Logic Pro"
keystroke return
delay 5
keystroke space
end tell
end tell

end action

Hi Wonshu,
I don't know how key commands can help me. What I want to do is add a script to my Mainstage concert so every patch/set is pointing to a different marker so when I switch patches/sets and click a button to run the script it Logic will go to that marker specified in the script and automatically start playing from there.

Key commands could be set in Logic in order to jump to a given marker position. Key commands could be replaced by a MIDI event, meaning that MIDI event will trigger Logic to jump to the specified marker position.

How to program MainStage to transmit same to Logic, I don't know. Perhaps via the Scripter MIDI Fx plugin?

9 hours ago, Atlas007 said:

How to program MainStage to transmit same to Logic, I don't know. Perhaps via the Scripter MIDI Fx plugin?

Perhaps. The IAC bus could be used for this.

Maybe I'll look into this once I've finished that other Mainstage/Scripter topic.

Jumping to a marker is trivial. I've pressed a dummy "external Instrument" channel strip into service for this as a test.

Check "Send Expression" in the MIDI Output tab and give the strip for each patch a singular Expression value. Route that channel strip to the IAC bus. Then learn that value in Logic.

markers.thumb.jpg.0e5214dc23b37b2cc572a191ed11e15d.jpg

Each time I select a new Patch Logic will jump to the marker as defined by the Expression value.

Of course this is merely "proof of concept" and is obviously missing the "automatic start" component. But it's an idea (and I haven't even started using Scripter for this).

Thanks gacki. I am not an expert in either Mainstage or Logic Pro an I am struggling to rout the channel strip to the IAC bus. I see on your screenshot of Mainstage that the MIDI Output is set to nothing.
Also, how to you link the expression value to the marker?

The screenshot wasn't showing the actual channel strip.

958902450_channelstrip.jpg.b52d9764f8cd697183ac729db018eb63.jpg

The link in Logic is done like this:

916356238_Logiccommands.thumb.jpg.bf794c674add84f6bef0eca0fe6b25fb.jpg

541329933_Logiccommands2.thumb.jpg.55dc0dcdd2e52ba99adc6bb435131051.jpg

This needs of course to be done for all markers.

I was even able to start Logic automatically by assigning Expression to "Play" but it's quite messy.

For clarification: This is merely intended as a "proof of concept" implementation showing how something like this could be done theoretically in Mainstage/Logic alone. It's not a practical and safe implementation (it's quite easy to accidentally change the Expression value). My main problem with this approach is at the moment the pesky MIDI feedback loop (Mainstage also receives the data from the IAC bus); otherwise I would have used Program Changes instead.