Step sequencer

Maurice92

Hey everyone,

I was wondering when using the step sequencer if its possible to copy multiple rows at once? I will give an example why this would be helpful. Lets say you like the kick, snare and hi-hat pattern you programmed. if you could copy those at once. you could select different preset patterns. and then paste your own kick, snare and hi-hat pattern onto those. Would be nice for inspiration I think.

Thanks in advance,

Greetings

Maurice

I haven't figured out a way to do this myself, I'm not so sure you can.  I think it would be great if they could add it.

I'd also like to be abler to multi-select beats/triggers and edit their parameters simultaneously, presently you have to do them one by one, or by copy pasting single beats.  Not a very intuitive or speedy workflow.

• Like 1

On 7/12/2022 at 10:53 AM, Maurice92 said:

I was wondering when using the step sequencer if its possible to copy multiple rows at once? I will give an example why this would be helpful. Lets say you like the kick, snare and hi-hat pattern you programmed. if you could copy those at once. you could select different preset patterns. and then paste your own kick, snare and hi-hat pattern onto those. Would be nice for inspiration I think.

You could keep the standard pattern in the step sequencer you like, then create a second simultaneous step sequencer pattern for you to flip around other presets for the other parts. You don't need to be limited to just one active at a time...

• Like 2

On 7/12/2022 at 11:53 AM, Maurice92 said:

Hey everyone,

Thanks in advance,

Greetings

Maurice

Why would you even want to do that? Just let two or more separate patterns play back simultaneously via the same channel strip 

Edited by polanoid

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the responses! Im aware you can use multiple regions. However lets say you got one region for the high hat and you open up a preset, it also loads in all the other drum parts of the preset. I think it would be an amazing feature if you have single presets for kicks, high hats, toms etc etc. that you can apply to each key. I guess however I can program a bunch of single note presets myself and load them in. :) 

The problem with playing back several tracks via the same channel strip is that you can't process each sound individually, unless you break everything out as a multichannel instrument.  But that creates another problem.

Multichannel instruments don't like to freeze, an oversight that Apple has yet to improve upon.  So if you need to freeze and conserve your CPU as you work, multichannel instruments aren't the best approach.  Personally I avoid them, at least until the day offers the ability to freeze those as well or Aux freezing in general.