An instrument randomiser

FLH3

The idea quite is simple: A fonction which populates a certain amount of tracks with instruments picked randomly in your patch library and in the factory library.

And your aim will be to do something with that. Someone/something else will chose for you the colors on your palette.

An additional feature could be added to this fonction: Doing this patch randomisation on existing tracks with MIDI regions already on them.

Before running the dices you could even specify the number of tracks and which type of instrument will be chosen in setting the choices in predefined folders or subfolder in the instrument library. All the instruments, just your personals instrument patches, just the in the synth bass subfolder in you bass folder, etc...

Like some of us I've the tendency to use often the same instruments, this could help to be more curious and daring.

What do you think of that?

Yes, sure, but.

#1 you do that one by one in a column, it's randomized but only in a selected folder. Yes you can click randomly eyes closed in the totaly extended instrument library window on 3 columns, but you take the risk to click outside this instrument library if your eyes are totaly closed. Possible mess 😃

(my instruments patches are sorted in folders and subfloders, ex. Piano>EP or processed or "classic" ones, or bass>accoustic bass/synth bass etc....)

#2 it takes time when you have to do that for, let's say 16 tracks.

Consequently you don't realy do that often.

28 minutes ago, FLH3 said:

mess

Wasn't that the purpose ? 😆

29 minutes ago, FLH3 said:

you don't realy do that often

To be honest, I wouldn't do any of that really often, but if you can convince enough people to want this, maybe a feature request to Apple might actually get through...

47 minutes ago, fuzzfilth said:

Wasn't that the purpose ? 😆

Yes, but only in the instrument section, not in the track nor in the region inspector nor in the main window.

47 minutes ago, fuzzfilth said:

if you can convince enough people to want this, maybe a feature request to Apple might actually get through...

I'm far from optimistic on this matter, your ellipsis points say a lot :D

Edited by FLH3

We share the same weakness, over-using the unsaid...

But despite your slight lack of enthousiasm I deeply feel in my guts, and below, that this idea of an instrument-randomizer is the idea from a pure genius!

The other poor humans cant' see its true potential yet 😄

Edited by FLH3

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/18/2022 at 4:18 PM, FLH3 said:

(my instruments patches are sorted in folders and subfloders, ex. Piano>EP or processed or "classic" ones, or bass>accoustic bass/synth bass etc....)

You could collect all instrument patches and copy them to one folder and use that one folder to do your random clicking around in.