Plugin manager - can't delete category [SOLVED]

Danny Wyatt
Go to solution Solved by des99,

I have created this category and now I just can't delete it. When I try to rename it, for example, it creates a new category with that new name, but it keeps the old one. For example the category is called "New Plugins". If I rename it "ABC", not I have both "New Plugins" and "ABC". What's going on...? Any way to fix this?

Edited by Danny Wyatt

• Solution

Yep, deleting made categories/folders has been non-functional ever since the PM started.

It's probably possible to do it by editing the tag data directly*, but the easiest thing to do is to leave them - they won't be displayed in the plugin menus if there are not plugins stored to that category.

Either that, or you can completely trash all your plugin manager data and re-set it all up from scratch...

*Edit: Ok, you can remove unwanted categories this way. Make sure there are no plugins in the category you want to remove, then quit Logic.

*Back up these files before messing with them!*

Open:
~/Music/Audio Music Apps/Databases/Tags/MusicApps.properties
~/Music/Audio Music Apps/Databases/Tags/MusicApps.tagpool

in a text editor.

Locate the category you want to remove - in the properties file, eg you want to remove the "ChannelStrip" category. Delete the line containing the category:-

<string>ChannelStrip</string>

And in the tagpool file, delete the same line and it's value:

<key>ChannelStrip</key>
	<integer>8</integer>

Save the files, restart Logic, and that category will be gone. Verified works fine here.

Edited by des99
  • Like 3
  • Love 3

38 minutes ago, des99 said:

Yep, deleting made categories/folders has been non-functional ever since the PM started.

It's probably possible to do it by editing the tag data directly*, but the easiest thing to do is to leave them - they won't be displayed in the plugin menus if there are not plugins stored to that category.

Either that, or you can completely trash all your plugin manager data and re-set it all up from scratch...

*Edit: Ok, you can remove unwanted categories this way. Make sure there are no plugins in the category you want to remove, then quit Logic.

*Back up these files before messing with them!*

Open:
~/Music/Audio Music Apps/Databases/Tags/MusicApps.properties
~/Music/Audio Music Apps/Databases/Tags/MusicApps.tagpool

in a text editor.

Locate the category you want to remove - in the properties file, eg you want to remove the "ChannelStrip" category. Delete the line containing the category:-

<string>ChannelStrip</string>

And in the tagpool file, delete the same line and it's value:

<key>ChannelStrip</key>
	<integer>8</integer>

Save the files, restart Logic, and that category will be gone. Verified works fine here.

Worked like a charm. Thanks!

• Like 1

• Danny Wyatt changed the title to Plugin manager - can't delete category [SOLVED]
  • 9 months later...
  • 6 months later...