macOS Monterey 12.5

Daveporter33765

So, as usual I'll let one of my macs, the laptop, doing the update and keep the other one, the desktop, on the old OS.

If everything runs fine on the laptop (Logic, audio interface, MIDI interface and plugins) I'll update the desktop.

• Love 1

My main concerns are not usualy about plugins and obviously Logic (I can't imagine Apple screwing Logic with an update, but who knows) but about my UAD interface and its related apps and my MOTU midi express interface.

I had problems in the past, with incremental update, and I don't want it happens again.

Edited by FLH3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, FLH3 said:

My main concerns are not usualy about plugins and obviously Logic (I can't imagine Apple screwing Logic with an update, but who knows) but about my UAD interface and its related apps and my MOTU midi express interface.

I had problems in the past, with incremental update, and I don't want it happens again.

contact the developers (ie motu) about compatibility, and then you can decide what to do.

• Love 1

The UAD an MOTU pages about compatibility are in my browser's bookmarks, I'm an anxious guy. :D

The last MOTU update on this page is "october 2021" (but with a link to an installer dated may 2022, quite recent for MOTU...)

The last UAD update is "Yesterday at 13:25" (which is realy quite surprising from UAD, actualy). And everything is said to be OK: "Apollo models connected via Thunderbolt are compatible"

I'll check that tomorow with the laptop.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Dox said:

Just installed 12.5. Noticed a substantial increase in speed in opening Logic. Used to take 12 seconds now takes 4 seconds!

So Logic, *and* Safari are snappier? Cool...! :)

* Long-standing macOS update joke

I'm on 12.4 and Logic takes about 6 seconds to load here, but would be less without plugins, a template to load and other content installed I'm sure... I think it's probably about 4 seconds on my machine with a stock setup and no plugins etc.

Mail however, seems to take *forever* to load, and the application is 26MB, compared to Logic's ~2GB... go figure(!)

Edited by des99
  • Love 1

12.5 tested on the laptop (intel 2019) this morning: Everything was fine.

Just instaled on the desktop (intel 2018): OK

The Apollo makes sounds, the MIDI Express blinks MIDI messages, my main 3dr party plugins work. So far so good.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, FLH3 said:

I didn't know there was an UAD forum

I was on it starting from the first iteration in the early 2000s...

I'll probably update to 12.5 shortly - it's not so much Logic or plugins that gives me pause, it's all the system utilities, low level Unix configs, development and server stuff that are sometimes a bit tricky if something unexpected happens...

I don't expect any problems though...

Edit: 

1449804987_Screenshot2022-07-28at16_48_14.png.c74dfd702ab9563fbe97004f60603774.png

So far so good... (Safari feels snappier!)
(No difference to Logic load time.)

Edited by des99

4 hours ago, des99 said:

(Safari feels snappier!)

I actualy never use Safari, I'm stuck to firefox since the very early 2000s. In fact I switched from netscape navigator to mozila. (Statler & Waldorf's moment!).

Sometimes use safari when I want to check if it's a browser issue when a site doesn't load properly.

Edited by FLH3