Drum Designer Multi Output issue

3874CB

Hello,

I have a problem with Drum Designer. I add DD as a multi output instrument on my midi drum track. I break it out to the following: Overhead / Kick / Snare / Toms / Hihat. Whenever I change the kit, the snare starts coming out of the toms tracks. How can I fix this? I prefer just having 4 drum tracks instead of 10 + tracks ( kick in & out, snare top & bottom....)

Thanks!

carlo3874

Um… I get the same behaviour here, on 10.7.4 and 10.6.3

As a not very elegant workaround, you can create as  many Multi Output drum kit tracks you want and instead of changing the kit on the same track, you switch to another track.

I hope someone else will chime in with a better solution!

Edited by stratquebec

Unfortunately that's the way it's designed: the default kit has one channel strip for the kick, one for the snare, one for the toms, and another for the hi-hats. But the other settings have one for the kick in, one for the kick out, one for snare bottom, one for snare top, etc. 

You could recreate your own Sampler instruments (on the channel strip where DKD is inserted, replace DKD with Sampler and then tweak the instrument) so that those samples all go to the simpler outputs of "kick, snare, toms, hi-hat" but that would require some customization of the Sampler instruments (that are the underlaying foundation of DKD). 

8 hours ago, David Nahmani said:

the default kit has one channel strip for the kick, one for the snare, one for the toms, and another for the hi-hats. But the other settings have one for the kick in, one for the kick out, one for snare bottom, one for snare top, etc. 

Actually you can convert any of the "non producer kits" to multi output and get the "reduced set" of outputs. You'll need to "convert back" to stereo output if you want to change to another kit though... 

• Like 1

Insert DKD as a stereo instrument. Select any factory kit. Now click the right side of the plugin insert to open the instruments list, select DKD and choose multi output. Open the mixer and click the plus-sign on the DKD channel strip to reveal the rest of the channel strips.

• Like 1