Midi C#3 not responding

gastronom-entgelt
Go to solution Solved by des99,

I can play all keys of my 88 note masterkeyboard which is hooked up via USB to the Mac. I can play software instruments in Logic, but one note is not been played: C#3. Im Ableton its working properly, a MIDI Monitor is also showing, that C#3 is being played. In Logic all MIDI filters are off. I'm totally bummed as this is the weirdest behaviour I've seen in quite a while. Anyone who can help out there? Thanks!

MacPro OS 12.3

Logic 12.7.4

• Solution

Yes, this is a very common issue and comes up here many times.

You've likely accidentally gone into MIDI learn mode, and pressed a key on your controller which has mapped that MIDI message to a command.

To verify this is the case, select Logic -> Control Surfaces -> Bypass All Control Surfaces - the issue should go away.

As a permanent fix, go into your controller assignments, locate the learned assignment, and delete it. Alternatively, you can delete your control surface preferences to reset them to a default state, which will clear out any learned controller assignments.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, des99 said:

Yes, this is a very common issue and comes up here many times.

You've likely accidentally gone into MIDI learn mode, and pressed a key on your controller which has mapped that MIDI message to a command.

To verify this is the case, select Logic -> Control Surfaces -> Bypass All Control Surfaces - the issue should go away.

As a permanent fix, go into your controller assignments, locate the learned assignment, and delete it. Alternatively, you can delete your control surface preferences to reset them to a default state, which will clear out any learned controller assignments.

Thanks! Pure gold! In fact after "Bypass All Control Surfaces" and then activating it again the issue was gone. No Midi command was visually set on C#3 so though...