How do I change which channel my sustain pedal sends midi to?

Dawson Mattew

so I have a midi keyboard with a sustain pedal and it works just fine with everything except instrument plugins from kontakt player. I did lots of troubleshooting and found that my pedal is sending midi to channel 16 under sustain. which isn't an issue with other sounds but it seems that the sounds through konakt player (I'm using the latest version 6.7.1) only respond to midi sustain that is in channel 1. I figured this out by drawing it in manually. I need to know how to make my pedal send midi to channel 1. or maybe you have a different solution. Also im sorry the text is black I copied it from another person I wrote this to.

On 7/29/2022 at 8:39 PM, Dawson Mattew said:

my pedal is sending midi to channel 16 under sustain

What device is your pedal connected (or built in) to? Sustain pedals themselves usually don't send MIDI messages, the devices they're connected to do. So you would usually need to set up the MIDI channel in that device's settings, not in Logic. If that is impossible, you would e.g. need a Transformer in the MIDI Environment that changes the MIDI channel of all incoming Sustain events

• Like 1

On 7/29/2022 at 7:39 PM, Dawson Mattew said:

I did lots of troubleshooting and found that my pedal is sending midi to channel 16 under sustain.

Are your notes also on channel 16, or some other channel? If they are also on channel 16, then I recommend changing the transmit channel of your keyboard to 1 for highest compatibility with plugins etc.

• Like 1