Side chain option gone!

ShadowsHouse

I recently got a new Mac, installed everything back to how my previous computer was, except that now 3rd party plugins no longer have a side chain option. I know these plugins have them before because I used them extensively on certain things before. Only the stock Logic plugins have a side chain option. Does anyone know how to get it back and can explain it to me? 

Thank you!

It seems a few people have had the same problem but no one seems to have resolved it. I have tried it with and without the Rosetta on, it didn't make any difference.

I had no problems with Logic 10.4. on my old Mac. I used the side chain with the F6 (in pic) all the time but now there's no side chain option 😵

Screenshot 2022-07-30.jpg

The only one I really need to have the side chain for is the waves F6. I worked on Logic 10.4.3 and if I remember right it was Waves V9. The new version is Waves 14, I wonder if it's Waves that have changed the plugin. Some other compressors from Plugin Alliance, Analogue obession etc do have the side chain, just not the 1 plugin I really need it on. Typical! 

It seems to be just Waves F6. I'm looking at the manual and it says you can still side chain. Anyone know of any Dynamic EQ alternatives to F6 that will have the side chain? I read somewhere else that someone had the same problem but with fabfilter so I guess that's out, plus too expensive for me right now

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, des99 said:

Are you saying that Soothe *used* to have a sidechain option, but now doesn't?

[SOLVED ]I've got a very prompt advice directly from oeksound. For an unknown reason this problem happens to very few users. What did help me was to click "Full Audio Unit Reset" in the "Plugins Manager" followed by a restart of the Logic. On start up, all plugins were rescanned. Once this was done, the sidechain menu appeared in the soothe2 plugin. 

I was told that some user had to reinstall Logic 😨

Edited by vii
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

My brothers and sisters.. i believe i have figured it out. This 2 step process worked for me. First you have to create a new user on your mac if you dont have one already. Open up logic on that user and it should rescan all plug ins. As soon as i opened up f6 waves the sidechain window was available. Now go back to your original mac user, open up logic and in settings find plug in managers. Do a full reset and rescan and restart mac. After restarting mac open logic and the plug ins should all rescan... should be golden from there. 

• 2 months later...

Thanks for you reply

I just looked, I don't have this file in my preferences folder 

For info I already tried deleting Logic and reinstalling again but it doesnt work, Waves plugins are still the only ones that dont show the sidechain input thing (Native Instruments plugins do for example) 

11 minutes ago, redased said:

I just looked, I don't have this file in my preferences folder 

You're probably looking in the wrong preferences folder. 

In the Finder, hold down the Option key while you click the "Go" menu and choose Go > Library, then look inside that Library for a Preferences folder, that's your user preferences. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 7/6/2023 at 4:50 PM, redased said:

Indeed I was looking in the wrong folder, just deleted the file and did a full rescan of Audio Units on Logic but it didnt work 😞 still no sidechain with waves plugins 

Late to the party. Did you ever get the sidechain working? And if so, did you try something else?