Logic Pro Tuning

Iammomo
Go to solution Solved by David Nahmani,

3 hours ago, Iammomo said:

Yes

But in my case: all instruments show this behavior.

As stated earlier; many of Logics instruments try to emulate the real thing (with its flaws). on top of that most synth sounds involve detuned oscillators. which makes it harder for the tuner. I have no idea how well Abletons built-in instruments does emulate the "real thing", or how its tuner compares to Logics...

• Like 3

Just one more thing from me. Open attached project, play the three instrument tracks, one containing a Quick Sampler instance with a 440 Hz sine sample, one containing a Vintage E-Piano with its Warmth parameter turned down to 0, one with an ES 1 with its Analog parameter set to 0%. Watch the three tuners on the instrument tracks. All of them show a deviation of 0 cents for all MIDI notes. I guess this proves that clearly everything works as expected with Logic's tuning.

Tuner, Quick Sampler, Vintage E-Piano, ES1.logicx.zip

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Iammomo said:

Especially with the Quick Sampler when using 808 samples.

You load a sample in an instrument (sampler, quick sampler, alchemy, kontakt, whatever) this instrument has its settings. Furthermore the patch where is this instrument can have some effects, so all af this can have some kind of influence on the behaviour of the resulting soundwave, for instance on the pitch scalling.

Some lines ago I took the example of the raw sine in Sampler, the default sine you get when Sampler is empty, and it's dead in tune, on each key. 0 point 0.

But maybe there's another possibility: the tuner in Ableton is not enough sensitiv to be usefull. 🤡

6 hours ago, Iammomo said:

I think you don’t understand my problem.

We agree on that 😉

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Iammomo said:

Noticing that in your video the Tuner is instantiated as the 4th plugin on the channelstrip.

Try instantiating the Tuner plugin in the first slot (just below the Sampler).

20 hours ago, Iammomo said:

It‘s with every 808 sample

Depending of the timbre, it is quite difficult for a(ny) tuner device to read the proper root tuning of a sound while it contains many morphing harmonics (that sounds at various intensity and aren't lasting equally long). That is especially noticeable with percussion instrument.

• Like 1