Sound problems when converting MIDI region to audio

Nikolaj Roenaa

Hi there. hope someone here can help me out.  

I have run into a problem when bouncing a MIDI region in place (or converting to an audio file).  Although what I have recorded in MIDI is exactly as it should be, the sound in the converted audio region becomes nearly destroye,, understood in the way that the sound is sort of lagging or getting cut off all the time. It is not like the sound is clipping due to too high level output, individual notes are simply cut off abruptly, just as if you were constantly pressing mute/unmute at random.  I have noticed that the problem is most present when I convert something containing piano instruments from the Native Instruments Komplete collection (Alicia's keys, Noire, The gentleman, etc.).  There is no difference whether "normalizing" is turned on or off when I bounce in place.  Buffer size does not make a difference either, the problem is the same whether the buffer size is set to 32 or 1024. Furthermore, the problem appears both when bouncing in place and when exporting the region as an audio file directly out of Logic.  I simply have no idea what this could be caused by. I guess though that it probably have something to do with the convertion to audio in Logic, because - as previously mentioned - the sounds from the software instruments behave completely as they should. I really hope there is a solution for this😊

I am using Logic version 10.7.4. In terms of plugins, I am using a lot of instruments from the Native Instruments Komplete 13 Ultimate collection via Komplete Kontrol as a plugin in Logic. It is different however, which instruments are causing more sound lagging. I think basically that it is the heavier instruments that causes the worst cutting in the sound. For example, I have almost no problem when converting a MIDI region containing Hybrid Keys to audio, but as I wrote in my post above, the piano plugins are nearly destroyed when converted to audio.

1 hour ago, Atlas007 said:

Which precise version of Logic are you using?

Are you using 3rd party plugins? Any of them being demo version?

And just to clarify: Non of the plugins or instruments I use are in demo :).

And for good measure, I can also tell that I am using a MacBook Pro 13 from 2019, 256 gb with 8 gb RAM.

All my content libraries - both Logic's internal sound library and third party libraries - are stored on an external ssd hard drive.