Plugin Issue..

traveller

Hey all.. I'm running a new MacBook Pro M1 Max and when I load Logic Pro under native I'm getting the "an audio unit plug reported a problem.." dialog and have to quit. If I run under Rosetta the whole system is unstable and won't play anything. I'm using UAD Apollo 16, and have a load of plugs that are not yet Silicon native. (Like Native instruments, Kush Audio, BOZ Digital, and SSL..). You'd think that by mid '22 the plugin companies would have ported the plugs over by now! So Is there any way I can figure out which plugin is causing the issue?

Thanks.

Basically, move plugins in and out of your plugin folders and try to narrow down the problematic ones.

Eg, move half the plugins out, try Logic - if it starts ok, the problematic plugin was in the batch you moved, etc.

Unfortunately there isn't really any easier ways to determine which third-party plugins are crashing...

Or delete them all and install them from scratch, testing a few at a time as you go.  Of course you wouldn't have to delete your sample libraries just the plugins.

Whenever I setup a new computer I generally only migrate user files.  Apps and plugins I install from scratch.  Its a huge pain, but it does eliminate issues inherited from older systems.  This doesn't really help you now, though.

You're going to have hard time running anything in Native if the plugins don't support it.  That's what will make things unstable for you.  It's actually probably what's happening.  So I'd be looking for non-native plugins trying to run in native mode.

1 hour ago, traveller said:

Yeah I think I'l have to remove the non native plugs and add them back in 1 by 1 to find the problem..

or add them back in groups; in which case, you might add in 4 and you're fine, then the next 4 has an issue... which you can then sort out. just more efficient that one at a time....