cc data not being sent but prog changes work

seddisopn

I have been trying to change the key but not the preset via logic on my boss ve-500 for over 2 years now (yes 2 years as it is so frustrating I give up for a few months then try again) and no matter how much research I do logic does not behave the way either the documentation says or the YouTube clips do.

For instance I just watched a YouTube clip where the notes created show in the midi region I do everything the same the notes are created but nothing shows in the midi region.

so here is my external midi track and I need to send a cc of 17 as that is what the unit responds to and I have. set  high of 23 and a low of 0 to represent the different keys so cc 17 with a 2 should change it to d.

The midi channel is correct as it a program change works

1796601786_ScreenShot2022-08-03at7_00_43pm.thumb.png.9769f71243667290429622dd5b21897a.png

So the events are there at the side but do not show up in this view or the piano roll view

I just feel like giving up - can anyone help?

3 hours ago, seddisopn said:

So the events are there at the side but do not show up in this view or the piano roll view

We don't see the Pano Roll on your screenshot so I'm not sure what you mean by that. 

If you open the Piano roll, open the automation area (A) and press Command-Y then it should scroll through existing MIDI CC (in your case: Modulation and General #2). 

You can also double-check in Logic's environment or with 3rd party software such as the free utility Snoize MIDI Monitor that Logic is sending the events as expected (https://www.snoize.com/midimonitor/).