Stereo track in group not synching when Quick Swipe comping.

Chris R

Tracked myself playing drums yesterday. I had been recording overheads as mono tracks/files. This time I decided to record them as a stereo track/file which seems like it should be the proper way to do it. I recorded two projects. In project 1 when all the tracks are grouped and “Editing” and Quantize-locked” are checked Quick Swipe comping works fine with all the tracks in synch. In project 2 the stereo track is not in synch with the mono tracks. When swiping the stereo track nothing happens to the mono tracks. When swiping on a mono track the other mono tracks are in synch but nothing happens to the stereo track. Of course project 2 is the one I care about. 

I have tried numerous things to try and “reset” the issue. Maybe splitting the stereo file into to mono files/tracks would solve it but I don’t know how to do that and preserve the take folder structure  

Any suggestions are welcome. 

Thanks

8 minutes ago, Chris R said:

OK. After literally losing sleep over this issue it seems to have resolved itself. Have no idea if I did something or the gremlins took pitty on me. 

Good to hear in a way. I suppose that by publicly posting the issue in this forum you scared the gremlins away. 😅

In any case if the issue comes back let us know here and we can have a closer look. 

Unfortunately the problem came back along with other even more horrific problems. Kick drum files swapping with snare files. Tom tracks with no output. Dogs mating with cats.

I reverted to the saved version just after tracking the drums but the Quick Swipe problem persists. Id there anyway to split the stereo file into two monos while preserving the take folders?

Thanks