Download Additional Content Warning Window

Danny Wyatt

For years that this has been a mysterious thing for me... I have downloaded all the available content:image.thumb.png.cdb20ca43c2354f376a4268110c6ab85.png

Now that I'm converting all my Folder-type projects to Package-type projects, sometimes I get that warning that additional content needs to be downloaded... so I have 2 questions:

1) What additional content, if everything is downloaded already?
2) If I open the project and I can play it without any missing parts, why do I get that warning when I save as Package?

Personal rant: I love Logic, but there are some inconsistencies that exist for years and years that I can't seem to understand and this is one of them...

Can anyone explain this?

Also, 3rd question: if I save the new project as Package and I don't choose to download the content, what will happen in the future? I did that on one of the projects (converted from folder to package without downloading the additional content), then opened it and I was able to play the project without any issues. Even when I hit Save, the window didn't show up. So it does show up when I'm converting to Package, but then when it's already converted, it doesn't need additional content anymore...? Makes no sense...

Every new line of code (or a modification of same) is a potentially new bug source… Considering the amount of code lines Logic contains, there are compromises to make… Rationally, resource would be invested into ironing out those that are problematic to the main purpose of its use (making music). That is without taking into account of the need to remain competitive by implementing new features… Which of course bring new bugs, inevitably.

For me, it has always been a problem when I moved the content to an external drive. And always UltraBeat that was missing content that I knew was there. Since I moved the content to the main drive, never got the message ever again. 

on another topic, I don't post very often since around a year and posting now reminds me why! It became hell with ads everywhere, small window poping up with a video playing right above the section where I write, etc. That's on an iPad anyway… Too bad as this forum is great, David is great and all but this environment is really not fun to interact with…

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, Atlas007 said:

Every new line of code (or a modification of same) is a potentially new bug source… Considering the amount of code lines Logic contains, there are compromises to make… Rationally, resource would be invested into ironing out those that are problematic to the main purpose of its use (making music). That is without taking into account of the need to remain competitive by implementing new features… Which of course bring new bugs, inevitably.

Sure, I understand that each new line of code can create a new bug, but then let's not fix bugs at all, because of that? For example one thing that I always hated is that sometimes I open a new project, I do absolutely NOTHING to it and when I close it it asks me if I want to save it because it was modified... I mean, really?! Logic behaves like this, I assume, because for example if you have a plugin that is constantly modulating a plugin parameter, Logic sees that as a modification. Which to me, is completely wrong. It's a bug. A modification should be see as something the user does (which goes to the Undo list). If the user just opens the project and closes it right away, there's no modifications there that need to be saved. I tried other DAWs and none behave like this. And it bothers me they have never changed this behavior, because it makes no sense.

9 hours ago, blinkofani said:

For me, it has always been a problem when I moved the content to an external drive. And always UltraBeat that was missing content that I knew was there. Since I moved the content to the main drive, never got the message ever again. 

I always worked from the main drive and got this message here and there still...
Yeah the issue with Ultrabeat was also a thing for me. I guess that's why I stopped using it as much. I remember projects where it would get full audio files from other projects like a 15 second HiHat loop from a completely different project just because the name was the same. Complete mess...

9 hours ago, blinkofani said:

on another topic, I don't post very often since around a year and posting now reminds me why! It became hell with ads everywhere, small window poping up with a video playing right above the section where I write, etc. That's on an iPad anyway… Too bad as this forum is great, David is great and all but this environment is really not fun to interact with…

I already talked to @David Nahmani about this recently, mostly the mobile experience, but I agree that there are too many ads. I understand that David is using that revenue to keep supporting the forum. It's a double edged sword. Maybe a balanced compromise would be the best solution, in my opinion. But maybe David is the best person to talk about this (maybe we can start a new topic and share our feedback and ideas?)

12 hours ago, blinkofani said:

Ugh... I'm really sorry to read that. Let me try to see if it's possible to remove that pop-up video player on the iPad.

Edit: meanwhile I wasn't able to reproduce here on my iPad. I suppose we may not have the same iPad so not the same experience. Here if I scroll up then I can clearly see my text area above the footer ad and video ad. 

Still I'll try to inquire and see if it's possible to reduce the ads on the iPad.