Distraction free workspace/ UI

Jordatory

Hey guys,

I would like to completely remove all software instruments and Apple loops, and even the essentials (if possible) from Logic Pro X.

I like my workspace to be neat and tidy, and don't like Logic's sounds/ instruments that come stock. It would be good to have an option that allows you to start with a very clean workspace and you can customise the plugins/ vts's as you wish, kind of like how Reaper does it.

Has anyone figured out a way to customise this? I'm very tempted to just move away from Logic and move to a more customisable DAW, although I am used to and do like Logic's workflow in some areas.

Any help/ suggestions would be appreciated :)

Thank you

Logic's software instruments, as with all Logic's plug-ins, aren't really plug-ins, but are built into the Logic Pro app itself, so there's no separating Logic from its plug-ins. What you can do is use the Plug-In Manager to reorganize the plug-ins, but that's about as far as you can customize this. 

As for the Apple Loops, you're free to remove them if you don't want them, just locate them and delete them in the Finder, they're under Macintosh HD/Library/Audio/Apple Loops/Apple/

As far as I know, the essential content is however needed to run Logic Pro. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, David Nahmani said:

Logic's software instruments, as with all Logic's plug-ins, aren't really plug-ins, but are built into the Logic Pro app itself, so there's no separating Logic from its plug-ins. What you can do is use the Plug-In Manager to reorganize the plug-ins, but that's about as far as you can customize this. 

As for the Apple Loops, you're free to remove them if you don't want them, just locate them and delete them in the Finder, they're under Macintosh HD/Library/Audio/Apple Loops/Apple/

As far as I know, the essential content is however needed to run Logic Pro. 

Appreciate this, David. Thanks a lot :)

2 hours ago, fisherking said:

what david said. i also use mostly 3rd-party plugins, so being able to organize in the plug-in manager is (near) perfect...

Thanks for giving some insight on this, i will definitely try out the plugin manager route :)